Thread: Session recording only starts with camera recording turned on

Potential Tuner

Exclamation Session recording only starts with camera recording turned on

Hello,
    I gotta say that this app is really awesome, but this one thing is bugging me. I was in a situation where I couldn't record any usable video so I wanted to record the session without any video footage. I went to the Camera and Recording Setup, and I turned off the camera recording there. Now I wanted to start recording my session (with my camera still turned off), I tap 'Record Now' and the text changes to 'Starting...'. This is where it gets stuck. Nothing happens from now on and the only thing I can do is cancel the recording. The app is responsive though.
    When I switch the camera recording back on though, it starts working again. I tried playing around with the settings, but nothing seems to work. I could just turn on the camera, and have it record practically nothing, but that just takes up space and possibly drain more battery.
    I am also racing on a custom track.

I am attaching a screenshot of the app below. Note that this was done at home, not in the actual car, but the exact same thing happens on the track.
    Screenshot_20190510_224509_com.hptuners.trackaddict.jpg

Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    I saw the same issue with my android headunit yesterday. I wasn't aware of the turning on video workaround though.

Sorry about that. This was a bug in v4.3.4 for Android, and I have found the cause and am releasing an update (v4.3.5) today. It should be available to users shortly...

Potential Tuner
    Thanks alot! Appreciate it.