Thread: no o2 operation Help Needed

Tuner in Training

no o2 operation Help Needed

Have a LS1 swapped 64 chevelle that has me completely puzzled at the moment. The motor and computer come from a 2001 camaro. Just has some shorty headers on it. Rear o2s have been removed someone else did the swap, I got it up and running. Checked the o2 sensor circuits all the back to the computer and they check out fine. Ground both HI and Lo side and the voltage goes down below 200 mv as described in Manufacturer Troubleshooting test. I've gotten 2 new upstream sensors from a 2005 silverado because the harness they have in here doesn't allow for the stock camaro sensors to be used, but I did verify the wires connect in the same manner. Heater circuits line up and so do the signal circuits. I did some VE tuning and MAF tuning using a wideband before i checked to see if it was going into Closed Loop. Just cannot get those o2s to move and allow me into closed loop any help is appreciated.Custom Tune File.hptNOo2Operation.hpl
    Last edited by LonBonSilver; 05-10-2019 at 04:43 PM. Reason: attachments

Tuner in Training
    it also has a pn 25168491 MAF in it

Tuner
    Is the car throwing any codes? Can you force it into closed loop using the scanner? I had a similar issue with a car but i had forgotten to clear a code that would not let it go into closed loop.

Tuner in Training
    Im getting 0 codes right now. I flashed a tune into it once and started it up right after and it threw a p0134 and p0154 but i cleared them and havent gotten them again since. Oxygen sensor monitor and the heater monitors are not completing either. I tried ohming the sensors but they just my DVOM that its out of the limit. When I force closed loop thru the scanner the trims just start pulling fuel and it starts to run bad.

Tuner in Training
    Found my issue,

The connectors on this harness were female, so when ordering o2 sensors I was using upstream sensors from a 2005 silverado because they matched up on pin location. I decided to chop off the male ends of the new sensors and had some o2s from a '98 Firebird sitting around so I threw the male ends on those and I started to get o2 movement. Shortly after they began to oscillate and closed loop came in. I guess these P01 computers need o2 sensors that came in there cars only or at least to get them to pass their monitors.

Hey All,

I recently had new cats, mufflers, h-pipe, and wide band added (though still using a MPVI) to the exhaust system and now experiencing issues as described above - files attached. 20190513_161546.jpg | 5-13-19-log-file-with-dtcs.hpl | 5-13-19-log-file-with-reduced-engine-power.hpl | Z06 Timing Tune.hpt

I'm really green at tuning and started using the MPVI to diagnose other issues that have been corrected - replacing sensors and coils.

I've read up on the p1516 & p2135 codes yet looking for advice for the cause or remedies. At one point the Oxygen Senor Heater displayed Complete yet after a few minutes it returned to Incomplete. Could it be faulty wiring in both the 02s and Throttle Positioning Sensor?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.
    03 Silverado | TSP 6.3l w/ B&M 4l80e | RideTech

Following a tip to check the wire harness adapter from the throttle body to the factory wire harness, the adapter harness was loose. I plugged it in and unplugged the battery for 10 mins then that ran the truck and no p1516 or p2135 codes registered.
    03 Silverado | TSP 6.3l w/ B&M 4l80e | RideTech