Thread: Ctsv e85

Ctsv e85

Hi, trying to get some help with new mods on the V, putting in ID1050Xs, and DCX flex fuel sensor, sensor was a straight forward install, but I'm not sure about injector data, and the whole Spark/Flex/Multi settings
    Can you people walk me through this, or post stock flex table that I can use ?

Car is a '14 A6, Airaid, gutted primary and secondary cats, as well as crimped section delete. Also 160 Tstat (how do I enable lower fan settings?).
    I posted my stock tune, and the tune I'm using right now.

MyStockTune_donotdelete.hptNewFlexSensorEnb.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I personally dont run any spark adder charts like ect,iat,afr and such. I just use the main high octane table to control my timing.

heres 1050x data from ID website
    ID1050x-GM Characterization Tables - HP-Tuners- 11-15-2018.xls
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-10-2019 at 09:26 PM.

I'll look over that injector data in the mornong.
    Does multi vs composition table not add timing to the main, when flex fuel is sensed ?
    Do you run e85 only ? I'm confused

Advanced Tuner
    The multi vs composition table on your tune is zeroed out so no it wont add timing. Besides, that is a multiplier table which means it will multiply the value that is set in the actual base adder table vs what it has in the multiplier table to get actual timing within that section whether it be under fuel,iat,ect or whichever section your adjusting. If the base tables are zeroed out it has nothing to multiply to which it just makes it zero. I prefer to not have any adder tables in play so I zero all the base spark adders like ect,iat,egr,fuel(flex,gas,alcohol) like I said above and just run timing control solely off my main spark tables however so people prefer the adder tables so it comes come to personal preference at that point

I personally do not run E85 but have tuned E85 cars. Its not that different than doing pump fuel. You can utilize the virtual flex fuel sensor (if applicable) to have be able to adjust for a different alcohol % on the fly or you can set the stoich to 1 solid value if you know the actual alcohol % of the e85 your using, adjust the fuel trims using trims or go into open loop and tune using the wideband. A wideband is always needed for wot fueling

Lower fan temp % - that I do not know how to do since it seems to be hardcoded into the ecm. i believe i saw a couple threads talking about it though so you'll have to do a search for that
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-11-2019 at 08:07 AM.

I have most of it figured out now, got flex sensor hooked up, and ~E40 in the tank, put settings from ZL1 on E85, but I seem to be getting some knock.
    anybody have any pointers ?

NewFlexSensorEnbID1050x.hpt19-05-03 17-20-31.hpl

Ok, re-did most tables, seems to be a lot better. except now I have 1.1* of knock at low throttle 2370rpm. should I add more fuel, or spark in that area ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mememe123; 05-11-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: can't spell

Advanced Tuner
    I dont know if i would worry to much about that. You still have some spark retard settings enable like burst knock so it could be false knock. The knock isnt steady enough for me to say its real. You can try to remove some timing and or add some fuel to try to counter act it but if it doesnt work then id say its false. You could be picking up road noise or engine harmonics within the same frequency that the knock sensors detect

I was thinking that I could be road noise or exhaust. What about fuel (AFR, I changed PE, EQ Ratio - Alcohol, to 1.370 after 2750rpm, just to be safe, on current tune) and timing maps ? Do they look decent ?

I really need to get wideband O2 for this thing. Would AEM 30-2355-300 sensor work on this with E85/93 Octane ?19-05-11 19-25-54.hplNewFlexSensorEnbID1050x.hpt
    Last edited by mememe123; 05-12-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Senior Tuner
    1.370 PE is quite rich for ethanol IMO, i run bout the 1.220 (8:1 afr) on boost and u could go a smidge richer if u wanted but its only going to cool a little more as u wont see knock using ethanol unless u have some serious issues, u may even have too much fuel that low rpm causing knock as it can show both ways rich/lean or as mentioned it may be false, i use to get knock at idle just after changing to ethanol so just the different ignition/burn was causing it so i just desensitized them at that area

Advanced Tuner
    mememe123 - yes you do. A wideband is necessary for wot fueling. you cannot use 02 mv as they can lie during wot. if your doing e85 or e47 you need to think in terms of lambda not afr. lambda is always 1 no matter the stoich. shoot for .8 lambda for boosted. my eq ratio i leave it the same for a gas boost tune vs a e85 boost tune to dial in the fuel first and then mess with either going lean to rich or lean/rich/lean but you need a dyno to know what the car actually wants. i use 1.250 which on pump gas is 11.76afr (14.7/1.250=11.76) if you left stoich at 14.7 and i keep it the same for e85 also but shoot for .8 lambda. but yeah your pe needs some work so get your yourself a wideband, set pe to a 1.250 and tune the maf and ve to read .8 lambda throughout the powerband and then you can adjust it when you know the base fueling is correct. so until you know the fueling is correct id just leave the spark alone and like i said the knock wasnt consistent enough to deem real or not

07gts - yes sir, good info
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-12-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Thanks for the info TCSS07 & 07GTS!
    Just an update, I ended up getting it dyno tuned on 93 and E, all good now.

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to know if you got everything figured out including the 160 thermostat figured out as well only because I have same mods and having same trouble. If you don?t mind sending me your tune so that I can compare with mines would be great.
    Thanks,

PM me your email, if still need it.