Thread: TH400 Swap

Tuner in Training

TH400 Swap

Just finished up a th400 swap in a 09 challenger that was an auto car does anyone know how to get it to start without having to use the TCM and the factory shifter still plugged in? it will start with the TCM connected and the stock shifter connected but when I unhooked the TCM and the shifter it will not turn over even with the ECU settings changed to not recognize the stock Trans.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenhawk3301 View Post
    Just finished up a th400 swap in a 09 challenger that was an auto car does anyone know how to get it to start without having to use the TCM and the factory shifter still plugged in? it will start with the TCM connected and the stock shifter connected but when I unhooked the TCM and the shifter it will not turn over even with the ECU settings changed to not recognize the stock Trans.
    I'm betting that you'll have to flash a manual trans calibration onto the PCM.

I believe I've seen info in a thread here about a clutch switch input that needs to be addressed.
    I'll try to find it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    I'm betting that you'll have to flash a manual trans calibration onto the PCM.
    I have tried that and it wont even try to crank over, im sure its bc the clutch switch isn't wired in but im trying to figure out how to bypass that

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenhawk3301 View Post
    I have tried that and it wont even try to crank over, im sure its bc the clutch switch isn't wired in but im trying to figure out how to bypass that
    I would imagine you should just be able to apply a ground to the input at the PCM for the clutch interlock/neutral safety switch.

Potential Tuner
    On the ram the n/p sense (ground) goes to the pcm. The pcm then sends a ground sense to c7-23 (IPM) that allows the starter circuit to be completed crank. Several trucks with stand alone trans are wired this way.