Thread: TUN Module files for T87 T87A

Tuner

Arrow TUN Module files for T87 T87A

So I was thinking of a way to make programing in the TUN (solenoid data) on the T87-T87A style TCMs a little easier.

Right now you can use the HP Scanner (beta) to "replace" a T87A. You take your stock T87a and it will read the solenoid data and save it in the MODULES folder. then you install the replacement unlocked T87A and it will flash this info onto the new TCM.

My though was to start a database of known good Module files with matching TUN numbers for us to be able to use if we don't have access to a matching original TCM.

Let say you have a 8L90 with a matching TCM. Use the beta scanner to start the TCM replacement process. it will read the solenoid data and save it as a module file. Then go and copy that module file and upload it here with the TUN number that was associated with it. Hopefully after some time we will have a good database of solenoid files based on the TUN numbers.

I am not sure how many different TUN numbers there are, but hopefully at some point we will have enough in the database to figure out a pattern.

The only other way I know of to load the solenoid data is with GM software. Hopefully we can skip this process.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 14.53.40.png

Screenshot 2022-07-05 14.53.47.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmextreme View Post
    So I was thinking of a way to make programing in the TUN (solenoid data) on the T87-T87A style TCMs a little easier.

Right now you can use the HP Scanner (beta) to "replace" a T87A. You take your stock T87a and it will read the solenoid data and save it in the MODULES folder. then you install the replacement unlocked T87A and it will flash this info onto the new TCM.

My though was to start a database of known good Module files with matching TUN numbers for us to be able to use if we don't have access to a matching original TCM.

Let say you have a 8L90 with a matching TCM. Use the beta scanner to start the TCM replacement process. it will read the solenoid data and save it as a module file. Then go and copy that module file and upload it here with the TUN number that was associated with it. Hopefully after some time we will have a good database of solenoid files based on the TUN numbers.

I am not sure how many different TUN numbers there are, but hopefully at some point we will have enough in the database to figure out a pattern.

The only other way I know of to load the solenoid data is with GM software. Hopefully we can skip this process.

Screenshot 2022-07-05 14.53.40.png

Screenshot 2022-07-05 14.53.47.png
    Following! I just went through this with a 2015 T87 8L90E, I had to bother my buddy at the local dealership to come and flash the TUN information into a non matched junk yard TCM for my 87 Burb swap

ill read my information and see if i can add to this

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gerry_foster View Post
    Following! I just went through this with a 2015 T87 8L90E, I had to bother my buddy at the local dealership to come and flash the TUN information into a non matched junk yard TCM for my 87 Burb swap

ill read my information and see if i can add to this
    I don't think it will let you do the TCM replacement with a T87. that option will only show up if you have a T87A plugged in. You may be able to plug in a T87a and when it asked you to read the stock one, swap in a T87 and let it read the T87.

Tuner in Training
    I have nine of them to share but the website won't let me attach it because it's not a valid file extension. I'll add them soon...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by themidnitereign View Post
    I have nine of them to share but the website won't let me attach it because it's not a valid file extension. I'll add them soon...
    Ever find a way to upload those files?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmextreme View Post
    Ever find a way to upload those files?
    Nope, I even made a thread asking for them to make the .mswap file a valid extension but I haven't heard anything back. I can email them to anyone who would like them though.

Hi if you could email those tcm files it might save my ass I can?t seem to get the transmission to do anything at all [email protected]