Thread: Torque Converter TCC Slip high

Tuner in Training

Torque Converter TCC Slip high

I was in the middle of VE tuning when i noticed my RPMs would randomly jump high for no reason. So i started to log some transmission parameters and noticed the TCC slip would get up to 1500 +. My guess from research is that my torque converter is going bad or is already bad. I just wanted a second opinion. I have attached a scan and you can see where the RPMs jump at 2:27:51.

may 11 test.hpl

I've had mine slip upto 2500 rpm...... averaged about 1500-2000rpm. It's about managing your throttle, tcc lockup and pressures along with timing etc.

I custom designed a launch system for my car using the normal throttle torque management along with the transmission etc to control torque on take off and limit the transmission slip.... knocked .4 seconds off my 0-100km/h and I can launch in any conditions with no slip....

Everything has its limits. I restructured my entire TCC Apple table and axis. This is 'advanced' advise, dont mess with it until you understand the transmission tables first or it might go bang if you apply too much pressure.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info BigDaddyCool.

Yeah i didnt want to mess with any of the transmission parameters.

But to go further into my problem, under medium to hard acceleration its fine. But when i am just trying to cruise down the road my RPMs will sometimes jump high and just stay there for a while. I try to feather the throttle a bit but it does not seem to help. I have attached anther scan where you can see it happen a bit better at 7:32:35

ma7 7 e tune 2.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Im having the exact same problem but cant figure it out, seems like when the tcc goes to apply it doesnt lock up and almost acts like its in neutral...

Looked it over........ post tune and log torque levels ...... what sort of mods/outputs the car got? Have you checked/topped up the transmission fluid, what the transmission oil temp.....

To me it seems like it needs more pressure...... hence why I ask you post your tune file
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Advanced Tuner
    See my post here regarding the tcc apply ramp chart. Just a theory right now.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...0-90-at-cruise

This reminds me of when I used to take calls at the shop...

"[redacted] Auto Service this is Chris, what can I do for you today?"
    Them: "Yeah, can you give me an estimate on a water pump?"
    Me: "Sure thing, what's the make/model?"
    Them: "Oh, it's a 4-door."
    Me: "..."
    Them: "A blue 4-door."

Potential Tuner
    hey did you ever figure this out i am having the same issues

Quote Originally Posted by topracer200 View Post
    hey did you ever figure this out i am having the same issues
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    This reminds me of when I used to take calls at the shop...

"[redacted] Auto Service this is Chris, what can I do for you today?"
    Them: "Yeah, can you give me an estimate on a water pump?"
    Me: "Sure thing, what's the make/model?"
    Them: "Oh, it's a 4-door."
    Me: "..."
    Them: "A blue 4-door."