Thread: Why do two controllers show when tune read?

Potential Tuner

Why do two controllers show when tune read?

When I first arrived in the UK I took my 2010 SS to a local shop where their tune guy had LS experience. I asked them to look at the tune since I was now at sea level and they use 94 octane fuel.

Flash forward 4 year add supercharger and I read tune in the SS in prep for tuning. I noticed that it shows two controllers. I have the E38. What is this Holden controller? See attachment.

I sent this off to be modified for the FI setup. When I went to write it to the SS, I had to licence it and it used 3 credits (on for the Holden controller) and listed the Holden controller as "Brickable" so I did not select it for write to the car. The E38 flashed just fine. But now I am wondering if some how this Holden reference is tied into the tune. Do you thing it made its way from the UK shop when they worked on the car? They were using EFILive and the LS3 cars they work on are Vauxall VXR8's.

Wondering,
    Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is the FSCM or FPCM aka the fuel pump control module. If you read it it, is does say Holden & Ca...... so it it's for the holden cars and the american camaro's. It's nothing special, it's just how it's worded.

It asked for 3 credits because the fuel pump control module is an extra credit. You do not have to license that if you do not need it but we are past that problem already. It's only $50 you got burned on.

Also when you read vehicles you can select which controller to read. In many vehicles there are a PCM, TCM and FSCM, most will choose not to read the FSCM and only license the PCM/TCM. Then not have to worry about it ever asking for 3 credits or more than just the standard license fee for that controller.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That is the FSCM or FPCM aka the fuel pump control module. If you read it it, is does say Holden & Ca...... so it it's for the holden cars and the american camaro's. It's nothing special, it's just how it's worded.

It asked for 3 credits because the fuel pump control module is an extra credit. You do not have to license that if you do not need it but we are past that problem already. It's only $50 you got burned on.

Also when you read vehicles you can select which controller to read. In many vehicles there are a PCM, TCM and FSCM, most will choose not to read the FSCM and only license the PCM/TCM. Then not have to worry about it ever asking for 3 credits or more than just the standard license fee for that controller.

I see so that is why it said brickable because now it has a ZL1 FPCM in it. I have a DSX aux fuel pump in the car so it looks like I will need to use 1 more credit and get the basic ZL1 FPCM file as DSX said they would modify it for me.

Thanks much,