Thread: Mpvi2 pro standalone logging

Potential Tuner

Mpvi2 pro standalone logging

I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to setup standalone logging on the mpvi2 with pro feature set. I?m sure it is obvious but I can?t find it

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not an available feature, the only feature in the pro feature set is being able to log analog inputs via pro link, all other features will come at a later time, no eta.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not an available feature, the only feature in the pro feature set is being able to log analog inputs via pro link, all other features will come at a later time, no eta.
    I have the mvpi pro 1 right now. I want to upgrade to the mvpi pro 2 but I need the data logger for my runs at the track. The track wont let me race with a laptop in my car. is there any solution besides staying with the mvpi pro 1. Is this feature going to be out soon.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhooley View Post
    I have the mvpi pro 1 right now. I want to upgrade to the mvpi pro 2 but I need the data logger for my runs at the track. The track wont let me race with a laptop in my car. is there any solution besides staying with the mvpi pro 1. Is this feature going to be out soon.
    If you need standalone datalogging we recommend staying with your MPVI1 for the time being.

Potential Tuner

MPVI2 standalone logging

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    It's been another year... support this feature yet? or ETA?
    I feel like this is a high priority feature missing for those of us that had the MPVI pro, and a MORE than reasonable amount of time has passed.
    I like most have been making-due without it, but it really is an inconvenience when I used to leave the MPVI pro module in a customers' car and have them drive for a good "real-world" data log while I continue to otherwise work in my shop.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ntyler View Post
    It's been another year... support this feature yet? or ETA?
    I feel like this is a high priority feature missing for those of us that had the MPVI pro, and a MORE than reasonable amount of time has passed.
    I like most have been making-due without it, but it really is an inconvenience when I used to leave the MPVI pro module in a customers' car and have them drive for a good "real-world" data log while I continue to otherwise work in my shop.
    A lot of people believe the Pro set is a ripoff. I guess I stand with them. I have had my MPVI2 for about 1.5 years, and ZERO new things useful to me have been added to the software itself, and absolutely NOTHING to the pro set. For the price, the lack of enthusiasm when people ask for features, lack of support except a ticketing system, the EXTREME paranoia about their IP and people stealing it to where if you send your old MPVI back to move the credits over, they KEEP your old device, even though you paid hundreds of dollars for it, documentation that is a full version old, and always "no eta" on things they announced but never deliver, oh and asking for simple things like MORE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS being met with "there are technical reasons, probably not ever adding that, low priority" (when the framework they use FULLY supports it, and I don't see ANY technical reason unless their own DRM is getting in the way of actually adding functionality to software that looks like it was made to run on windows xp)... Unfortunately, they are the only ones out there (for now... ) that support the vehicles they do, and they know it, so usually their response is along the lines of "well, don't use it then and kick rocks", which is extremely rude to the people who line their pockets with that good credit money (especially for some cars costing half a dozen credits or more) and the hundreds spent on the hardware and the people who unfortunately wasted their money on the pro set with the hopes of doing standalone logging (promised, never delivered, no eta). What's worse, is I will probably get banned, as a paying customer, for saying nothing more than the truth for a product that I actually do like, and want to use, but find their lack of tact and support wanting and speak as such, as you did. The have their customers by the balls, they know it, so eff us I guess. It will be sweet when "Suave" comes out...

Tuner in Training
    im also curious if there is any update release to correct the bluetooth from not working. the MPVI 2 has been out for well over 2 years now. that was a highly advertised feature and one of the main reasons I upgraded and yet it still does not work. it will connect then disconnect and won't even attempt again until you "forget the device" but with the same result. any time I submit a ticket I just get told they are working on it. I guess they say some claim it works but the bulk of the users say it does not. its just quite bothersome that this device does not do one of the main features it was bragged about after 2 years.

Tuner in Training
    they could at least make up an ETA even if it was insane..... standalone logging coming SOON in 2050! at this point i honestly believe they arent even working on promised features and should issue refunds. Most likely they are working on the MPVI3 and its GODLIKE feature set addon(to be announced, no ETA).

Potential Tuner
    Update from HP Tuners - 06/11/2020

"Thank you for contacting support Landon

Unfortunately we currently have no eta for any additional pro feature set features at this time, sorry."

Tuner in Training
    Yes I’m at a loss at all the hype of pushing this new device when yet everything with the exception of universal credits still doesn’t work. I’m no computer programmer but maybe in my ignorance Bluetooth is a pretty simple connection to me. You can buy things for $3 that will use A Bluetooth Connection with no issue. I’m sure the people or engineers involved in the project are very knowledgeable so I’m not sure if it’s just not a priority for them to fix it so they don’t attempt To correct it or what the real reasoning is. After as much time that has gone by it’s inexcusable that it still doesn’t work especially the same as stand alone datalogging. What is the concept of the pro then? People lost function with an upgrade. You spent money to gain less functions. And it doesn’t always pickup a wide band when I wire everything correctly into the adapter either so I’m still losing all hope that this piece is really even that good or worth the upgrade. The bulky box at least did what it is said to do. I’m just stressing it again because it seems like I’m still not alone. I’m sure they deal with all kinds of complaints daily that drive them insane but others and myself are only just asking for what was promised out of a product. I look forward to new products in the future but how the issues with this new device are being handled it really makes it difficult to want to invest in anymore upgraded products.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmaurer View Post
    Yes I?m at a loss at all the hype of pushing this new device when yet everything with the exception of universal credits still doesn?t work. I?m no computer programmer but maybe in my ignorance Bluetooth is a pretty simple connection to me. You can buy things for $3 that will use A Bluetooth Connection with no issue. I?m sure the people or engineers involved in the project are very knowledgeable so I?m not sure if it?s just not a priority for them to fix it so they don?t attempt To correct it or what the real reasoning is. After as much time that has gone by it?s inexcusable that it still doesn?t work especially the same as stand alone datalogging. What is the concept of the pro then? People lost function with an upgrade. You spent money to gain less functions. And it doesn?t always pickup a wide band when I wire everything correctly into the adapter either so I?m still losing all hope that this piece is really even that good or worth the upgrade. The bulky box at least did what it is said to do. I?m just stressing it again because it seems like I?m still not alone. I?m sure they deal with all kinds of complaints daily that drive them insane but others and myself are only just asking for what was promised out of a product. I look forward to new products in the future but how the issues with this new device are being handled it really makes it difficult to want to invest in anymore upgraded products.
    We tried our best to make it as clear as possible that standalone datalogging wasn't available when upgrading and discouraged customers from upgrading if that was a feature they needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images