Thread: Some Feedback/Insight about my tune

Potential Tuner

Some Feedback/Insight about my tune

Hello,

Just started tuning my 2013 Focus ST. It is bone stock engine wise. Was hoping someone could take a look at my calibration and log. The car is certainly much quicker than stock, especially in the mid range and part throttle. I need to smooth the torque tables a bit, my latest revision comes on a bit abruptly around 3k rpm, but otherwise seat of the pants feels very good.

Any suggestions on the channels I am logging or tweaks I could make would be a most appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
    7.hpl
    KevinST-Rev7-TORQ.hpt

Tuner in Training
    you seem to be logging everything i can think of, maybe misfires was the only thing i didnt see. the main thing i do when i log is try to max out a gear, like run 3rd gear from around 2k rpm up to redline. some things ive been messing with are Airmass multiplier; setting speed limiting/traction control/trans torque reduction to 20% and TIP-In to 100%. Also setting Pedal WOT start to 500 and end to 505.
    Ive been messing with driver demand tables as well but havent quite had the time to log changes as much as i would like.

Tuner in Training
    I would suggest logging VCT Schedule along with your desired and actual cam angles. Also the polling interval on some of your channels are low and you are losing resolution in the log.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks appreciate your insight

Potential Tuner
    I've redone my tune, left the torque tables and map points alone, raised all the limits and the driver demand tables a bit. Runs excellent and pulls much harder than stock, still haven't dyno'd it yet though. I do have a question, I am getting "Exhaust Temp Control" for Driver Demand Limit Source, mainly around 4500-5000rpm. I disabled Exhaust, COT and O2 sensor temp control as a test but I am still getting that limiter. Do I need to mess with Exhaust->Temperature->Exhaust Flange Temp VDE and Inverse tables? I can't seem to find anything else in relation to exhaust temps..

Thanks!!

Tuner in Training
    I've noticed setting the temp control switches to disabled doesn't actually turn them off, you can however raise the temperatures they enable or lower the temps in the high rpm/load area of the Flange Temp VDE table. Increasing the Flange Temp Inverse will also help. Go easy on making changes as these motors build a lot of heat at higher loads.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I actually changed the "Flange Temp Inv" table and bumped up the max temp a few hundred degrees in those areas and I have not had that limiter anymore. I must have been just skating the default temp limits because I no longer am seeing that limiter anymore. Still have COT temp protection enabled but maxed the temp at 2048, also leaned up the max enrichment a bit. Car is pulling hard now with only a little bit of throttle closure after 5k... No dead spot up top anymore...

Thanks for your feedback!