Thread: Help with 92/92 fast intake tune

Potential Tuner

Help with 92/92 fast intake tune

Hi Guys,

Okay, so, I just finished my LS1 upgrades.

Im having troubles though.

I cant get the idle to return correct, i will under- and overspeed, hunt for idle, sometimes it dies too. Restarts immediately, no problem

Spec list is:

Stock bottom end LS1

PRC 225 heads milled to 62cc
    42lb bosch injector
    233/239 tsp cam
    Fast 92/92 intake
    Hooker 1 7/8 LT headers

Im running SD tune and with my old tune i was able to get it running perfect with the old Howards mild cam. But the new setup im having troubles with.

Have anyone tuned the 92/92 fast intake setup and are there anything i should change in the tune for the bigger throttle body? And what about trans, I think the trans need to be changed too, because of the bigger TB?

Senior Tuner
    A datalog and a look at your cal file will help us pinpoint the problem.
    If your fuel trims are good, then I'd check the IAC position. Should be between 40-60 at a hot idle.
    If it's not, then adjust the throttle body screw accordingly.
    Also make sure that the min airflow tables are set properly. If they aren't set properly, then you'll never get a consistent idle.

Potential Tuner
    Hej Kevin,

Thanks for your reply I found out the problem today, problem was in IAC steps vs effective area

Potential Tuner

Needing help

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasBlum View Post
    Hej Kevin,

Thanks for your reply I found out the problem today, problem was in IAC steps vs effective area
    do you mind if I see a copy of your tune? im having similar trouble and im pretty new to tuning. would like to see a compare and contrast difference to learn what im doing wrong please

I changed my shift points to stay away from low rpm high load scenarios. The bigger TB feels so good! I can race a camry at 5% throttle lol