Thread: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Supercharged Issues

Tuner in Training

2014 Jeep Wrangler Supercharged Issues

Jeep Specs:

Magnuson Blower
    A580 Trans
    38" Tires
    5.13 Gears

prior to me installing this kit the jeep ran and shifted great. now after install of the supercharger and the diablo T2 tune it will not shift at WOT. It pulls till about almost 5k rpms then the computer cuts power and just holds the rpms at 5k rpms with my foot to the floor. it feels like something torque management related, so i have tried removing to no avail. the gears and tires are properly adjusted via pro cal. Maybe there is a table im missing that you guys will hopefully see. Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Your tune is full of Diablo oddities that in my experience make no sense. (changes to tq reduc and loss tables, tq mngmt etc)
    Not sure if they are related to the strange 5k limit, but I have never encountered any such thing while tuning these.
    I have added a good tune for you to use as a guide as to what can/should be changed.
    Hope it is of some help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Your tune is full of Diablo oddities that in my experience make no sense. (changes to tq reduc and loss tables, tq mngmt etc)
    Not sure if they are related to the strange 5k limit, but I have never encountered any such thing while tuning these.
    I have added a good tune for you to use as a guide as to what can/should be changed.
    Hope it is of some help.
    thank you! so we fixed the issue. the issue was with the stock air box as it was choking it pretty bad. removed it and it pulls hard and shifts through the gears. my question now is how do we get the shifts to firm up as they are very lazy? gm trans tuning was a breeze, but this is a whole new animal to me.

Advanced Tuner
    The PCM and TCM is tuned in that file
    Have a good look at both and and you will see tq management is still used.
    They actually shift better and faster with it enabled.
    Stock airbox can be used if the snorkel is removed.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 05-13-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The PCM and TCM is tuned in that file
    Have a good look at both and and you will see tq management is still used.
    They actually shift better and faster with it enabled.
    Stock airbox can be used if the snorkel is removed.
    awesome thanks for the help!

Advanced Tuner
    I know this post is several months old but here is something I ran into when I was having my manual challenger tuned for a SC. Probably not the same problem but stumped my tuner as the first tune I received limited my car to 4K operation. Best I could guess was the base tune was from an automatic (although the trans setting was set to manual) which has RPM limits set in Park and Neutral that was limiting my RPMs.

Automatic trans P&N settings (stock)
    auto.JPG

Manual P&N settings (stock)
    manual.JPG

Basically set the P&N and drive tables to be 6200rpm across the board and no more rpm limit.

Looking at the OP's original tune he posted both of his tables are basically set to 4000rpm...more importantly the drive table.
    drive.JPG

Although the tune from Hemituna also has this table set low (or maybe only the first row has an impact) so probably this does not effect this particular make/model.
    jeep.JPG
    Last edited by Homer; 09-04-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Would this work with a 2014 wrangler with a sprintex stage 2? If so I assume id have to replace the injector data with my FIC data injectors that are installed? My tune started from a diablo and not happy with it.

Tuner in Training
    Would this tune work with a 2014 wrangler with a sprintex stage 2? If so I assume id have to replace the injector data with my FIC data injectors that are installed? My tune started from a diablo and not happy with it.

Potential Tuner

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by BULLETPROOF View Post
    Would this work with a 2014 wrangler with a sprintex stage 2? If so I assume id have to replace the injector data with my FIC data injectors that are installed? My tune started from a diablo and not happy with it.
    So I have a 2011 JKU and I?m about to install a Sprintex. I?m curious about tunes, what did you end up doing?

Potential Tuner

Help

Hope it is of some help.
    Can I see these files?