Thread: 01 C5 6SPD BTR3 CAM KOOKS LT & X CAI very lean HELP WITH BASE TUNE

Potential Tuner

01 C5 6SPD BTR3 CAM KOOKS LT & X CAI very lean HELP WITH BASE TUNE

Hello,

I am new to tuning. just finished car. I am trying to get a base tune so I can at least drive the car. right now it is fine at start up once warm it goes lean max out my aem wideband so I don't know how lean actually. can anyone assist or offer some pointers on adding fuel ?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Going to need to adjust the MAF transfer and your Primary VE to account for your mods. Your current tune still has the OEM values for MAF and VE still so the fuel calculation is going to be off. ST and LT Fuel trims reflect this error.

Potential Tuner
    D_Met appreciate the assistance. When you have time would you be able to explain the steps for this? I would like to get the A/F close so I can at least drive while I am saving for the dyno tune. I have watched a ton of vids that are just confusing things further. should open loop be disabled? does the maf and primary ve add the fuel? thanks

Tuner in Training
    A "quick and dirty" way to get it driving on a fresh setup like that is effectively disabling the VE side of the fueling and run the engine off the MAF only. You can then multiply the entire maf transfer(ECM 12160) by 15% (1.15) to richen your overall AFR. Be sure to also disable fuel trims and make sure PE kicks in nice and early. Dont expect it to run perfect, its basically a best guess tune when you do that. It should be safe enough to get you home, just don't rip on it until you get the fueling dialed in with your wideband readings