Thread: 2016 CTS V Sport 3.6L TT V6 transmission Aisin TL80-SN

Tuner in Training

2016 CTS V Sport 3.6L TT V6 transmission Aisin TL80-SN

So after being told this transmission was supported I was now told it is not. What a bummer. Can someone elaborate as to why it isn't supported? The ECM is so I am grateful for that. It would be nice to understand it and possibly get some resources thrown it.

Potential Tuner
    I also have a VSport and I would love to have support for the trans as well. I believe it's really holding back the car. We are stuck with using Trifecta , which most people use because they tune the trans.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstacts View Post
    I also have a VSport and I would love to have support for the trans as well. I believe it's really holding back the car. We are stuck with using Trifecta , which most people use because they tune the trans.
    It would be awesome if we did have the option to tune the transmission. I am not even sure trifecta is actually tuning the trans. I would bet people think it is tuned because of course when you tune the engine the torque tables are changed and that makes the trans shift differently too. I am not saying the can't or don't have a way to but it seems unlikely and HPT should be able to get this done if anyone can.... Come on @HPTuners!

Potential Tuner
    I?m in for something new. .

Quote Originally Posted by tune2mbt View Post
    It would be awesome if we did have the option to tune the transmission. I am not even sure trifecta is actually tuning the trans. I would bet people think it is tuned because of course when you tune the engine the torque tables are changed and that makes the trans shift differently too. I am not saying the can't or don't have a way to but it seems unlikely and HPT should be able to get this done if anyone can.... Come on @HPTuners!
    I had their tune on my vsport, they definitely tune the transmission. I don't care how much torque table hacking you do, you can't make downshift tip-in points more aggressive that way.

Tuner in Training
    Well that is reassuring then. I would think that the devs @HPTuners would be able to get us some support here soon. I am really not a fan of canned tunes.