Thread: NEED Help, 4.8 Tune on 6.0 Motor

Potential Tuner

NEED Help, 4.8 Tune on 6.0 Motor

Have a 2006 Chev 4.8 Standard. Motor was blown, 6L swap. Everything was done right, immobilizer was on, brought to GM and removed immobilizer. Truck ran great for 7 years. Had a small miss at 2200 rpm, multiple misfire random cylinders, and had the 4.8 tune. Other Than that perfectly fine.

Fast forward to today. I bought the truck from a friend, knew this truck well, brought it to a friend of mine, he has tuned very little but has a bit of experience. Put a stock 6L tune on the truck, set it to standard, ran perfect but battery light and "Battery is not charging" was on. thought maybe the alternator was bad. Power enrich on truck is running awesome and works great.

Changed alternator and battery light is still on and so is the message. If i put my old tune back on it goes away. Im getting the code P0622 Generator Field Terminal Circuit (Current). If i put the regular 4.8 tune back on truck goes back to its old way and no light.

What is going on with the tune, i cant seem to find anywhere on hp tuner to mess with alternator stuff...

Please Help!!!

Likely something different with the OS's and it's not happy about you changing the entire tune.

Don't reinvent the wheel here, just use the compare feature to copy all the 6.0 data into the 4.8 tune. That in turn will make it a 6.0 without actually changing the file to a different one. It's still the same 4.8 tune but now has 6.0 information in it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for answering so fast, I have tried doing that, have segmented swapped and have copy pretty much everything I could into the tune, seems like something is still not working, not sure where to look. was going to segmenting thing one at a time to see where the problem could be so I have somewhere to start. Ive been at this for a couple hours now and cant find an answer

Potential Tuner
    I just re-read what you said, I get you know, instead of taking a 6.0 tune and trying to make it work, take the 4.8 tune that does work and put 6L stuff in... Thank you, it's been a long night...

Yeah, try that.

Open the good 4.8 file, then open a 6.0 file with the compare feature. Click compare again, then view comparison log. In the new window, collapse all the boxes, right click the engine icon and it should say "copy over all differences". Then that it's for copying the 6.0 stuff over.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    did this get fixed?