Thread: A/C Help! 04 5.3

Potential Tuner

A/C Help! 04 5.3

This is my first experience with HP Tuners. I have swapped a 5.3 out of an 04 Suburban into an older Suburban and I'm running a Vintage Air under dash setup with the 2004 5.3 compressor. I have the truck running and driving, but can't get the PCM to control the compressor clutch. Using the VCM Scanner I am able to command the compressor on and off and I get cold air out of the A/C and the fans cycle with pressure, so I know the wiring, relay, compressor, clutch, pressure sensor, ect are all working properly. I have 12V request going into green pin 17 and have verified it with a test light, so I know the Vintage Air unit is sending the request to the PCM. I am using the 3 wire pressure sensor off of the 04 donor truck, not a pressure switch. When using VCM Scanner the "AC Requested" always shows "NO", even when it is being requested. I have tried both "Analog" and Analog Cycling". I've tired it with green pin 55 grounded and not grounded. I've changed P0530 to "No Error Reported". My PCM is hardware number 12583660 and service number 12586242. I'm stuck, please help!

Advanced Tuner
    I had a similar issue with my 99 Suburban that is running the same tune my 4.8 silverado is (I am running coil near plug ignition) Anyway, my A/C was doing the same thing and the only thing tat got it working for me was a segment swap from a camaro of the same year. I am sure there is a better way, but I don't know what it is.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmx6 View Post
    I had a similar issue with my 99 Suburban that is running the same tune my 4.8 silverado is (I am running coil near plug ignition) Anyway, my A/C was doing the same thing and the only thing tat got it working for me was a segment swap from a camaro of the same year. I am sure there is a better way, but I don't know what it is.
    The blue/red PCMs are different from the blue/green like I have. I've read some other people who claim that the 12586242 isn't wired to accept 12v AC request and that you need to use a different PCM, but I can't seem to find anyone who can give me a part number of one that's confirmed to work. Also I have already bought a license for this PCM that will basically be wasted.

Tuner in Training
    I too am having similar issues. Also looking for service number that supports DBW, electric fans and +12V AC request.
    I have 12V request going into green pin 17.
    green pin 55 grounded.
    Analog
    I've changed P0530 to "No Error Reported".
    Pressure sensor is reading .67volts

* Using the VCM Scanner how do you command the compressor on and off?

Donor system 2005 Sierra 5.3 originally equipped with electric fans.
    Service # 12589563, hardware 12589162, OS 12606961 ...add that to the list that does NOT work.