Thread: 6R80 Solenoid A and B Shifting Different

Potential Tuner

6R80 Solenoid A and B Shifting Different

So I have been slowly street tuning this car for about a month first with a Boss intake, then we switched to a Cobra Jet intake and Whipple twin 68mm throttle body. I have been slowly messing with the torque tables and speed density tables to get the car to drive better with less surging under part throttle and have gotten pretty close. A couple weeks ago, I flashed the the RPM Patch to the ECU and it drove fine and the patch worked great. The next day, I messed with the tune and used a tune from an older file before the patch, but I only wrote the calibration, not the entire process. That is when I noticed Solenoids A and B shifting different than they had been. I have tried writing the entire process to stock and flashed a tune without the RPM patch (not sure if that matters), but it did not affect how Solenoids A and B acted. In the logs, they usually ramp straight up or down at a diagonal depending on if they are oncoming or offgoing. I will include tunes before and after the problem, along with logs before and after. I am wondering if possibly the solenoid are acting up mechanically? I saw in the 6R80 manual where you can check the resistance across the solenoids at the transmission, so that was going to be my next bet after I get some input from here. The WOT log shows them working properly, the Drive After Reflash shows them acting up. The CJ Motor tune with Boss Cam Timing is a tune that shifted fine before the RPM Patch, and the other tune is the one in the car currently. Also, the car is a 2014 GT and the transmission has clutches and a billet intermediate shaft and converter. I have also tried clearing the KAM through HPTuners and through unhooking the battery. Thanks in advance.

Drive After Reflash.hpl
    WOT.hpl
    CJ Motor Tune with Boss Cam Timing E85 Rescaled Trans Shifting Pressures Increased Speed Density.hpt
    CJ Motor Tune with Boss Cam Timing.hpt
    Last edited by 88_GT; 05-14-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Your torque model has a lot to be desired - you are making over 56 lb/min of air plus your torque model suggests that you are making over 500 lb/ft which is not possible.

Potential Tuner
    Ok, I will try to start reducing my torque model some more to see what happens.

Potential Tuner
    I put the Torque Model and Driver Demand to what the Boss 302 values and it made no difference on how Solenoids A and B acted. The car has a 9.5:1 Aluminator short block with Boss heads and Boss cams, so that is why I grabbed those torque values instead of the stock GT ones and they had the most difference (decrease) from what I had currently especially down low in RPM and load, so I just wanted to see if it made a difference. What gets me is how it changed from one day to the next. Were you able to see in the log where I was talking about how Solenoids A and B started ramping up and down in pressure from previously or what you would normally see? Here is the log from today with the Boss torque table values.

Boss Torque Tables.hpl