Thread: New to this

Potential Tuner

New to this

Hey all so I got my MPVI2 and the coyote cookbook and started tuning my 2011 GT after doing ALOT of reading...most of it seems pretty straightforward but would definitely appreciate some more experienced opinions..here's the tune and a short pull. Seem to be getting some knock in OP still ...gonna investigate that tomorrow-cheers!mustangstunespark3.hptmustangtunespark3.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    What gas are you running? At 5500 I'm seeing 22-23 degrees on 93 octane and as I get towards 7k it's even higher as much as 24-26 depending on how hot the engine is.

Your tune is calling for like 23-24 degrees but the car isn't liking that much so you might want to get better gas or dial it back some...
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    yeah looking at it now, its running BP 93, thankfully one of our local tuners is considered one of the best in the biz and i will be going to see him hopefully this weekend so he can take me through some stuff as well. I basically just used the values from the book for an NA 93 tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyxero View Post
    yeah looking at it now, its running BP 93, thankfully one of our local tuners is considered one of the best in the biz and i will be going to see him hopefully this weekend so he can take me through some stuff as well. I basically just used the values from the book for an NA 93 tune.
    Maybe you have bad gas or false knock? What is your mods?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for coming back so late but that would be 0...well other than a catch can lol most of the work on her is in delivery not source (all driveline/steering/suspension)