Thread: 2005 Mustang 4.6 starting issue

2005 Mustang 4.6 starting issue

looking for some guidance, have a 2005 mustang gt with a 4.6 freshly rebuild, all is stock except mutha thumpr cams, BBK 62 mm tb, and K&N intake, car runs great but having an issue with starting, first start have to give the car throttle after that car starts fine, let it sit for 20 minutes and it wont start unless you give it throttle again. I have tried to adjust idle air flow, dashpot airflow, cranking fuel, along with cranking spark, nothing seams to help. attached is the tune, any help would be appreciated, tuned several of theses in the past and never really had any issues like this. also checked the car for vacuum and injector leaks but did not find any

2005 musang gt final.hpt2005 musang gt final.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Set your cranking spark down to -10 and see if that works.

Advanced Tuner
    If that doesn't work try pulling 1 lb/h out of your low fuel flow rate, if it improves you might have to play with it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    If that doesn't work try pulling 1 lb/h out of your low fuel flow rate, if it improves you might have to play with it a little.
    I tried setting the crank timing to -10 and it did not help, but I am not sure as to where I am supposed to pull 1 lb. of low fuel flow rate, I am guessing this is in the injector data?.

Advanced Tuner
    Engine ---> Fuel ---> General ---> Flow rate.
    I assume you have a wideband?