Thread: Recent purchase of an 04 2500HD, Need information.

Potential Tuner

Question Recent purchase of an 04 2500HD, Need information.

So I recently bought a 04 2500HD with the 6.0. I purchased HP Tuners to play with, cause why not, and I have what appears to be a modified tune on the ECM.

I downloaded a stock file from the repository, used the compare function and found some differences.

Before I merge the stock file to start from scratch, I'd like to see if someone can indeed confirm that it is a previously modified file. I have attached the file for reference and the intended file I'm intending to merge with my stock file. Anyone who looks at it is greatly appreciated in advance.

The current tune feels dead which is the main reason I bought HP Tuners. I've messed with it in the past and new I could do what I was looking for with HP Tuners. I suspect the tune that is on it, is someone in my situation ( A DIY'er) and its an incomplete tune.

All I'm looking for is a bit of TQ Management removed, Adjust tire size for spedo, allow for rear o2 deletes, and some others...

Again, thanks

This is the tune currently on the truck -
    04 Silverado Stock -5.14.19 - Clean.hpt

This is the file i want to merge to bring truck back to stock -
    Stock Downloaded Tune 04 Silverado 6.0 4x4.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    it is common to see a few differences because operating flashes are not the same. your looking for drastic changes in ignition tables, maf sensor calibration, and ve tables. if these are not close to a known stock file then its safe to assume it has been modified. if this is the case you should start from a bone stock file setting, whether that means dealer reset or copy and paste thats up to you. do not flash any repository files over yours. copy and paste using compare as you have been should be fine.

o2 delete falls under commanding trims to not activate based on coolant temp and open loop settings for activation set to disable. any codes set to no error reported.
    as a result you will need a wideband to correct fueling.
    the stock ignition maps are really good. the biggest issue is the fueling. command between 12.3 and 12.5 afr on the power enrichment table. once pe is set dont change it. the ve or maf table will be the table you modify to correct pe fueling errors.
    with the wideband this is really easy.

torque management is pretty easy, find tables that can be limiting factors and raise the registered torque values.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman