Thread: os change, can't find a straight answer. mpvi2 pro p59

Tuner in Training

os change, can't find a straight answer. mpvi2 pro p59

Hey guys, I've got a 2004 p59 pcm and it currently has enhanced rtt installed and I want to change it to 3 bar for a procharger tune. I have my stock tune file, and wondering if I need to just write entire on my stock tune file and then change it to 3 bar, or what may be the correct procedure. I have mpvi2 pro, latest version of hpt as of yesterday. The brickable warning is a little intimidating so I figured I would ask the question before taking a chance.

Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    Take the stock file, change the OS to 3 bar, save it, close down, reopen the 3 bar file and then write entire.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for clearing this up for me. One other question if you don't mind; the how-to on this site says that you *must* edit the ve table prior to write entire, but the direction on the screen say do not make any other changes prior to the os change. Would you please verify?

Thanks again.

What they mean is, don't make any changes between when you apply the OS and then save the new file. If you close the new file, then re-open, you can THEN make any changes you want before doing the first write-entire.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much for your help, it was just successfully completed!