Thread: 2012 Camaro ss automatic or manual conversion

Potential Tuner

2012 Camaro ss automatic or manual conversion

I have a 2012 Camaro ss convertible bought from an insurance auto auction that had been stolen and stripped. In addition I bought a 2011 Camaro ss coupe that had been wrecked.

I have installed the drivetrain, steering column(to delete paddle shifters and damaged key tumble),clutch petal and brake, instrument wire harness, ECU from the 2011 car into the 2012 convertible.

But I still don?t get engine crank much less start.

I have been told I need a drivetrain wire harness and instrument wire harness from a 2012 Camaro ss with manual transmission plugs. In addition I may have to delete the vats from the 2012 car

Can someone provide some guidance as to what else needs done or parts that need to be swapped to get this project to start???

The VATS system will for sure have to be disabled to work in something like this. Or you'd have to take it to a dealership or a person that can flash factory files and have them flash a stock calibration into the computer with the combo you are running.

The no crank signal or things like that, I do not know enough about what you are doing to help there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Gotcha and thank you