Thread: 2010 SHO 500nm ETC torque limit

Tuner in Training

2010 SHO 500nm ETC torque limit

I have a 2010 SHO I'm working with and can't seem to figure out what is limiting my ETC torque to 500nm and also preventing power enrichment. I've been working my way through the calibration trying to figure out what is causing this limit but I'm stumped at this point. Thanks for your help!

ETC Torque Request flat line at 500Nm
    500Nm Limit.jpg

Tune and Log

500Nm limit.hpl

2010 Taurus SHO, DD increase.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Update for anybody that may run into this, was able to work around torque limit by scaling the DD, Inverse and Indicated torque so that an ETC request over 499 is not possible.

I'm pretty sure there was a trans torque limiter of 500 N-m somewhere, at least for the 2013-up SHO. I know hPTuners needed to add a lot of parameters for the earlier 3.5 ecoboost strategies though.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I was unable to find it even in the trans side, the scaled DD work around seems to be functioning decently enough.

I ended up coming up with the same work around on my 2010 Sho. I just use the clip inverse torque table to control my target load now and it works great. I had to scale some trans stuff around but it works really well now.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Gturbo View Post
    I ended up coming up with the same work around on my 2010 Sho. I just use the clip inverse torque table to control my target load now and it works great. I had to scale some trans stuff around but it works really well now.
    Good to know! I still need to work on the transmission side of the tune. Guess I have a little work ahead of me

I'll post my tune, just don't pay attention to the spark side of things because my car has meth injection and a 3 bar map sensor. The trans tune is pretty good on it. It shifts pretty hard.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Gturbo View Post
    Thanks for posting this, its nice to compare what I did to your solution. I see you chose a slightly different method for the re-scale...

Our DD tables are similar however the Torque Inverse differs greatly, I chose to re-scale the torque axis lower in order to request more airload at lower torque values where as you increased the load values in the table. Also you use the Clip Inverse to cap final load where I use Maximum Torque WOT to keep things where I want them.

Torque Inverse Compare.jpg

Well that is cool. Two different ways to do the same function lol.

Potential Tuner
    I have tried to mimic the above approaches in my tunes for a 2010, but it still seems to close the throttle as soon as the ETC torque hits 500nm. I've seen the throttle back down to something like 35 percent before. I must be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!