Thread: starts and dies after 2 bar OS application

Advanced Tuner

Exclamation starts and dies after 2 bar OS application

working on a 2008 silverado....6.0 engine, smallish cam, On3 turbo, FIC 650cc, 3200 circle D, 4L80E...double stoich/half IFR...The truck drove in on a 1 bar OS, rough running, owner tried tuning himself.

I applied a 2 bar OS (write entire), forced open loop, installed wideband, and now it just fires and dies. It initially wouldn't run because the MAF wouldn't fail. I finally figured out i could adjust the thresholds, so i did that and it made no difference other than the MAF failed during cranking finally. I populated the VE tables. They aren't correct obviously but should at least try to run, which it doesn't. I applied the speed density patch and disabled VATS with a write-entire. Does anybody see what could be the culprit? I've attached the current 2 bar file, the tune it drove in on, and a log of it cranking and dying.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Could it be too much bass idle air flow? It ran when it drove to my house with the same figures in that table though.

yah maybe. your VE tables look OEM, which means you either posted the wrong file for stock comparison or you haven't made changes to the VE table. just for comparison the stock min air lb/h for an 07 TBSS with the LS2 is about 50% of what you have in the min air table. Probably a it high, maybe its drowning it. also your crank airflow looks lower than OEM? I'm not sure how you have it set up tho, the whole double stoich 1/2 IFR scaling thing for fueling is totally new to me, so not sure man. never had a big turbo truck before.

Your MAF hz table are the same as 'stock', that's probably not true in the real world

Advanced Tuner
    MAF is being ignored, there isn't one, the airflow table is left stock in case zeroing it out prevents the truck from starting before speed density kicks in.

I'll play with the idle airflow and see.... probably should've already tried that

Advanced Tuner
    no changes with adding/subtracting base airflow

Advanced Tuner
    Got it running finally....turns out the figures in the VE weren't NEARLY big enough...