Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Sierra 5.3 A6 2-3 upshift too firm

I thought you had that re-enabled. You need to leave TM enabled or you'll never get it to work right...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JS264 View Post
    I thought you had that re-enabled. You need to leave TM enabled or you'll never get it to work right...
    I re enabled all the rest with the exception of the master. My tuning book said to disable that. Previously I have tried the settings with adding line pressure and things like that with all tm enabled and I just didn?t like it, but I?ll try it all again.

Tuner in Training
    I have shortened the shift timing a pretty good amount, and with that brings the opposite, yes a quick shift, but you can tell the throttle is closing in between and the truck losses all power for the split second and you can feel it. It's like it hickups for a second then shifts. So I have both situations I absolutely hate, with TM enabled it shifts like crap 1-2 and 2-3 as the truck feels like it has a dead spot and the whole truck hickups. with the TM disabled, all shifts are perfect, pushing me forward, continuing to produce power though the shift, but the 2-3 slams. Ideally I want the master enable/disable for TM disabled and somehow fix the slamming but I've literally adjusted every setting I know with no positive results.

Throw your book away.
    Leave factory TM settings.
    Adjust base minimum spark tables to stop it from pulling so much timing. Adjust other parameters to speed up shifts.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JS264 View Post
    Throw your book away.
    Leave factory TM settings.
    Adjust base minimum spark tables to stop it from pulling so much timing. Adjust other parameters to speed up shifts.
    Boy that was an expensive book to buy, but I have realized now that I really didn't do a whole lot of good, in face it made it worse. Thank you for the help, I will be adjusting the minimum spark table as you suggested. Should I bring the negative timing up to about what the positive timing is around that section?
    2016 GMC Sierra CCSB 5.3 A6 Z71 4WD, K&N Intake, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, 4.5" lift w/ 35" tires, stock gears

You'll still want it to pull some timing or you will break things. The minimum spark table needs some cushion for knock events and shifts so don't set it to what your main timing tables are.

I have increased the base minimum timing before up to around 15* up through .44g and raised the -15* areas up to -5* before. Get the shift pressures up and shorten the "torque adder" time and you should be happy.

Look up Cesar Enriquez, he's got a pretty easy to follow 6L80E tuning video on Youtube that will help you, don't punch his numbers in or you might break stuff.