Thread: Stock injector duty cycle(11-17coyote)

Advanced Tuner

Stock injector duty cycle(11-17coyote)

Does 67.8% IDC at .95 load and 7,414rpm sound like a proper DC for stock injectors. I fell like it?s a bit low, but maybe ford designed them to be safe? When using the calculation (39?8?.68)/.50 it comes out to max power of 424bhp. If so how would you turn the duty cycle up to 85%?

2 gen engine Cobra Jet mani + long tubes over 90% of IDC on 93 - had to throw 47's in as everything above 80% is not consistent. They say 85% is good I'd 75% and you need to go bigger.

Advanced Tuner
    Right I'm just running a stock intake manifold on my 14. That's what the log values are from. My concern is that when I upgrade to 60lb injectors I wont be using them to their full potential. With e85 having a BSFC average of .67 and running at 68% duty cycle they can only theoretically support ~490 crank horsepower instead of 700+ like they're suppose to. So the real question is how to turn up injector duty cycle. Or is it something that automatically adjust?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you don't want to turn up your injector duty cycle, typically the lower the number the better and more headroom you have to add additional modifications to your vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Right I'm just running a stock intake manifold on my 14. That's what the log values are from. My concern is that when I upgrade to 60lb injectors I wont be using them to their full potential. With e85 having a BSFC average of .67 and running at 68% duty cycle they can only theoretically support ~490 crank horsepower instead of 700+ like they're suppose to. So the real question is how to turn up injector duty cycle. Or is it something that automatically adjust?
    You can use 160lbs injectors in stock car if that is your question. Will it work? Sure, the idle might be difficult to tune and you might only need 15% IDC at WOT but hey ho, it should work.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks bill that's an even better answer than what I was hoping for. And veeefour no haha I definitely dont wanna do that, I just wanted to be sure it wasnt something I should be concerned with. Just wanted to make sure I'm going to be getting plenty of fueling for when I bottle feed my child.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    Thanks bill that's an even better answer than what I was hoping for. And veeefour no haha I definitely dont wanna do that, I just wanted to be sure it wasnt something I should be concerned with. Just wanted to make sure I'm going to be getting plenty of fueling for when I bottle feed my child.
    keep in mind IDC also is dependent upon fuel pressure stability which in itself is dependent upon your fuel system being up to the task so while a low IDC on a stock application says you have headroom that headroom is determined by more than just the injectors
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"