Thread: Fuel Tuning / Data logging?

Tuner in Training

Fuel Tuning / Data logging?

OK, so, in the editor top menu the speed I found the Speed Density Calculator. I assume by making edits here it alters the respective Quadratic, slope and offset terms to drive VE so the ECU properly calculates injector duty cycle to meet target Lambda. Or, I'm I missing something here? How do you guys Log fuel trims and import the deltas to compensate/ null the fuel trims?

One problem I'm having is in setting up my log histograms. I'm trying to change X and Y axis and scale to match the X and Y axis and scale of the Speed Density Calculator and borderline spark tables. When I use the default logging setup, logging produces meaningful data. But X and Y are opposite of the X and Y in Speed Density Calculator and borderline spark tables. If I edit the histogram to match, the data does not repopulate the histogram but only one or a few cells. I tried reacquiring data with the new histogram format and it still wont populate the cells correctly. I guess I could import the original formatted data into excel to reformat and then cut past the delta trims into Speed Density Calculator and borderline spark tables to make the edits but Id like to not have to add this added step.

I thought this was supposed to be the power of these tools. Datalog, cut and past deltas into the respective tables and repeat until optimized. I know I'm new to this process so I must be missing something.

I want to log LTFT and edit (cut past - and + data into Speed Density Calculator) to trim out the fuel table errors to 0 or 1-2% negative .

I want to log spark knock and edit (cut past - and + data into borderline spark tables) to trim out the spark knock events minus 1-3* for buffer margin. By the way, is tuning spark* just short of spark knock throughout the table going to give maximum torque throughout the operating range or is this a misnomer?

I know this is a lot of questions but I've read many threads and watched a lot of Youtube and I'm feel a bit frustrated right now getting nowhere

Any HP community help would be much appreciated at this point.

Car is 2014 V6 3.7 MT6
    Last edited by hamiltog; 05-16-2019 at 06:34 PM.