Thread: start but no idle turbo 5.3

Tuner in Training

start but no idle turbo 5.3

New to the forum and fairly new to hp tuners. I dropped my laptop off to my tuner for a base tune a week or so ago. I got the car wrapped up and wrote the file today. It cranks and starts but dies with in a couple seconds. Tuner wants me to bring the car to him but at this time its not even possible. TPS voltage is .71 which seems high but that's all I can really tell. I will attach my tune and maybe I missed something?? any input or tips will be helpful. Its a gen 3 5.3 stock 2002 computer and a 3 bar efi source map. SD tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Injector flow rate is setup for 60ish lb/hr injectors and not 88lb/hr like the tune file says.

Cylinder volume is for a 5.7 and not a 5.3, though that won't stop it from running but still change that.

Set the dynamic airflow high rpm disable to 7,000rpm, you don't want it at 400rpm because the MAF is gone.

Do those few changes and see if you can keep it running with your foot on the pedal, try to get a data log. Possible something else is not working and not allowing it to keep running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    hmm that's the data I pulled right from deutzwerks for the injectors. I will try the other things.

Tuner in Training
    So dynamic airflow worked. Fires right up after I switched it.

Tuner in Training
    Here is my log after I got it fired up.

Tuner in Training
    new adjustments with flow rate fix

Tuner in Training
    injector data
    Attached Images Attached Images