Thread: Thorttle cut

Tuner in Training

Thorttle cut

I am having a problem with the tune pulling the ETC closed. It is mostly in 3rd gear.
    Now here is some things I have done. I have tried raising DD. I have tried raising torque values.
    Nothing seems to work.
    Now here is the weird side. I can put the throttle and sometimes it takes right off.
    I will post log all the log was in 3rd gear. At end of log it finally took off.
    Adam BOSS INTAKE JLT.hptThrottle loss.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Trans->General->Torque Truncation, Low Range = 500 lb ft. Why do you have this lower than the stock 738?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner in Training
    I have no idea why it is lower then Factory. Good find. Thanks

I made change, but the problem is still there.
    Last edited by kevinhen; 05-16-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    How about the clutch protection torque limit changes you made. Honestly I'm not sure how that works but is that in the right direction?

I saw the tq reduction < driver demand is active during all of those times when it's not working properly. One of the limits that's active is TCase / Low Range / Driveshaft leading to believe something specific like a drivetrain protection or limit.

Some of your torque limit values are super high compared to stock as well.. Not sure if that will cause a problem but I never go terribly high with anything.. just high enough not to limit my output with a little cushion.

Do you have the stock file, I would compare to that and lower some of those super high limit values... i.e. Trans manual 1st gear in your tune is 600 and 2nd gear is 7000.. Idk maybe it's just my preference...
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I agree with you, I have tried starting with a stock tune. I have gone up and down with values. I am starting to lean towards a bad TB. Some times it will work great for 3 or 4 pulls, then all of a sudden, here it is again. I really thank you for taking your time to look at.

Advanced Tuner
    Tell us what kind of mods you have done to the car. You tried 100% stock tune and it still happens?
    Last edited by blackbolt22; 05-17-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It has a cold air intake and Long tube headers and Boss intake. I was able to get it to stop the throttle close. I raised some DD tables. I then did a torque inverse adjustments and raise some clutch protection settings. Thanks for all your input.

How the issue I am having is fuel delivery I think. It is commanding more fuel but it cant seem to make it. Maybe fuel filter or pump. Adam 93.hptFUELPUMP.hpl