Thread: Is this working correctly?

Tuner in Training

Is this working correctly?

Hey guys. I've done some reading and finally decided to give this a shot. Tuning Is completely new tome so any and all help is appreciated.

Car is 2006 Cobalt ss/sc lsj engine. 2.8 pulley, intake, ls4, ported blower to match throttle body.

It just seems like any adjustments I make, don't change much. I just wanted to make sure i have everything set up correctly. I feel like i'm missing something simple. The tune file has an updated ve table from my scan.

The config i'm using is from the forums. I liked how it was set up from what i was using. Some of the things on there i'm not sure what they are used for...Injector stuff i'm assuming.

Again, i'm new and any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    change the etc scaler to 4950 for the ls4 throttle body. it takes some of the touchiness out of it. 950 is kinda high of a idle for a non cammed car. usually 800-850 should be fine. if your doing ve tuning you need to set the maf dtcs to mil on first error - not no error reported. set the p0068 test to 8k to disable. same with the catalyst test. your ve chart and spark chart needs some love - both have dips ve mostly but spark has some also. i would say to start out on a 07 gm stage 2 file spark until you get the fueling in check. you can find them in the repository. it should be smooth. what injectors are you running? seems like gm 42s. id rec getting 60s for that pulley at least but i prefer 80s since they idle practicality the same and cost is minimal in deference and more fuel for later. do you have a wideband? its needed for wot fueling adjustments and dont skimp out on the cooling mods. you need to keep those iat2 temps down

from the look of the log your running pretty lean so youll need to address that with the ve chart
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-16-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the tables that aren't populating correctly don't have the correct channels added.
    go through the tables and make sure you are logging the pids associated with the x and y axis. they should start plotting correctly.

everything is important but the stuff from ve-pw and down are for base injector flow calibration.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the input! I will be making adjustments and seeing how it goes. But first, I need to fix the ac. It just went out today and I?m not doing any length of driving without it. Lol

Tuner in Training
    Alright. Made those adjustments. Fixed my ac. Did some driving. Lots of driving. Got everything pretty dialed in i think.. Id be the first to admit that the ve could have used some more work, But i got it close. Maf seemed to easy to do... lol

I have the afr for wot at 10.5. When I'm wot and shift gears, the car literally sounds like it dies, then sputters once i engage the clutch and sputters for a split second when i get back on the gas. Its hard to explain... It happened during the last pull on the log. Its fine if I'm not wot. Could it be a spark issue? Or do i need to work on the ve table some more? It didn't have this problem before so I'm assuming I did it. lol

Thanks again for everyone help. I was getting kinda frustrated. lol
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Maf is way easier than ve. 10.5 is rich it should be around 11.5. What is your plug gap at and boost level? Sorry I'm mobile atm

Tuner in Training
    Ok. I?ll make that change. I did that on the fly without researching. Wanted to make it safe tho. And the boost gets to about 15psi on the top end. Just checked my plug gap. .32.

Tuner in Training
    It almost feels like dfco kicks in the second I take my foot off the gas. And then stubbles to get back in. I?ve read someone was having issues going between open loop and closed loop. Not sure if I?m having that problem. I?m gunna try and log it again today on my way to school. Im pretty sure dfco has factory settings. I?ll recheck once I?m home.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah usually a 11.5-12 is good for boosted. I'll be home soon to take a peak

Edit: Under engine/diag - set tests p0068 to 8k and test p0101/p0106/p0121 min ect to 493 to disable. Disable catalyst test.
    I like the idle better at 850 than 950. ETC scaler is still 4k - set to 4950. PE needs a little work. Drop the delay rpm to 2k from 3150. Id cut the enable throttle in half. PE enable throttle and actual throttle are different. Its pretty much PE throttle plus 15-20% equals actual throttle for pe activation. You want PE to come in around 3-5psi for boost. Change the eq ratio to 1.250 (1.399(10.5) is to rich) across the board (1.250(11.76)) and tune your airflow models to read an 11.8 afr throughout the pull at least from 3k to redline so you know the base fueling is correct and then you can mess with it by going lean to rich but you need to make sure the base fueling is correct first. Enrichment rate of 2 is little high for me. I usually just set it at 1 since its pretty much instantaneous at that but thats me. Do you have a wideband or no? Thats the only way to tune wot fueling properly and just because your commanding a 10.5 doesnt mean thats what your actually getting. You're also commanding alot of timing during the wot pull. Go to the Spark/Advance/Base corrections/Fuel/Gas and 0 out the whole thing - that will help. That chart applies extra spark advanced based on eq ratio commanded and your seeing knock at the end of the pull. Get the fueling in line and spark in check before you start to go after the sputter issue. DFCO is factory on your file. Running that psi at that gap should be fine. Under torque management/General/ETC Limits - I enjoy having a really peppy throttle response so I set that whole chart to 100% but it may not be for everyone.
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-20-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. Yank had the idle set higher cause it wouldn’t idle right with the ac on. But it’s 1000 times better now so I should be able to drop that. Good info on the pe table. And I do have a wideband on the car, I’m just not logging it at the moment because I have to read it through the ac signal. But from I see, it stays right where I put it. I was gunna log it yesterday but ran out of time. And I had a better spark table but decided to start from scratch with a stock table. I will make those spark adjustments and see if that helps. And then to adjust my airflow models after I set the pe, do I adjust the pe table or go back to the maf sensor?

Advanced Tuner
    ok thats good just making sure on that. I just know some people change the PE and are like im good its set at this blah blah and im like no youre not lol. If your pe is set for 10.5 and your wideband reads 10.5 then its pretty much spot on and all youre going to have to do is change the pe ratio and maybe some fine tuning of the airflow models but it should be pretty close given what you said
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-20-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    So making those last little changes worked like a dream. No more problems changing gears. Thank you so much for all your help. I should have posted on here a while ago.