Thread: 2012 mustang gt with vortech v3 id1000 BAP Boss 302 IM running poorly

2012 mustang gt with vortech v3 id1000 BAP Boss 302 IM running poorly

HI folks,

picked up a new 2012 mustang gt auto with vortech v3 3.6 pulley, boss 302 im, id1000 injectors, JMS max power BAP, and kooks headers with catless x pipe. So the car runs but its very rough and power down low is weak and the shifting seems very odd. I am new to tuning and am trying to iron things out and would love some opinions. The tune file is included and a short log around the block. Probably missing some channels for the log so let me know what you need and ill upload

Thanks in advance!

Attachment 89864Attachment 89865

you will need to add a lot more pids to your channels to really see what your car is doing. add your mapped points. ebt torque etc torque and all your sources.
    2017 mustang gt

Senior Tuner
    This tune is for a return style fuel system and E85. you are just running a BAP?

If you are on the stock returnless with a BAP, you would need to redo the fuel rail pressures, and injector data. If you are on a return system, you need to make sure your regulator is getting a MAP reference, not a intake/boost only reference, and make sure it is set at the correct base pressure for the injector data in your file.

It does not look drivable at all.

Fuel model error.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 05-17-2019 at 12:08 AM.

See no return lines or fittings/regulator so it should be a stock system ill pull the hat tomorrow and check the pump. Here is a diffrent log with much more data.Attachment 89869

Senior Tuner
    Ignore that last post, I was looking at the wrong tune file.

Whew scared me there was sitting here thinking of all the stuff ive been ruining this whole time haha.

Senior Tuner
    I would start by raising the limits in your SD. you will probably need to raise your MAP monitor IPC table values as well.

SDChanges.PNG

Then rescale your torque model from the stock ones, or use some tables out of a Whipple or Roush calibration. What ever is easier for you. just needs to cover the load you will see and probably 70-80 FTlbs more than the torque you would guess you would see on a dyno. You can look at dyno graphs of cars similar to yours, just remember this is torque not HP its pretty flat. Right now you have the stock values, but your changes to the axis values is putting the ECU way off. You are then going to want to correct your driver demand so that scheduled torque is above engine brake torque. For linear throttle match driver demand/ETC to engine brake torque through your driver demand table.

Then finally put your MBT corrections lambda table back to the stock values. Important mainly for PE torque calculations and WOT shifts.

I see your transmission is short shifting, once you get your torque model close to where it should be, this should sort its self out mostly.

Awesome thanks a bunch I took a look at the tune when I got the car and it was just all over the place and the cars operational states reflected this lol I just haven’t tuned a lot so was a bit lost

Ok so fixed a few things on the car that were messing things up here are some updated logs, Murfie do your suggestions still stand?Attachment 90021Attachment 90022Attachment 90023