Thread: 12587811 flex fuel segment swap issue ( 2006 silverado )

Potential Tuner

12587811 flex fuel segment swap issue ( 2006 silverado )

i have segment swapped another p59 pcm in my l33 swapped volvo to a 80e and flex fuel with no issues, I now have a 2006 rcsb silverado that id really like to add flex fuel to, it accepts the 80e segment swap no problems as a test. is there something weird with this year that makes adding a content sensor difficult? what could i be doing wrong? i have never had issues with segment swapping before. i have read that in 06 it flex fuel was virtual flex fuel? my factory pcm has nothing enabled and i havent found a single file flex that will let me swap it over. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by 2fast242gt; 05-17-2019 at 04:34 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

2007+ in the trucks with the E38 switched to virtual if it was factory flex fuel. Seems it was very fit and miss for factory flex fuel in the 2003-2007 classic trucks.

I had the same OS as yours with an 06 sierra, it has the flex fuel options in the tune but no sensor fitted.

Can you wire in the sensor and enable the settings to make it work in those years?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    My understanding with all my previous flex fuel conversions was that simply enabling flex fuel did nothing as it didnt actually have the o.s to support it, hence the segment swap. I have a 03 p59 in my other car that's drive by cable with a flex segment and 4l80. But I'm running into issues finding that for this 06 pcm, is this p59 somehow different than my other p59 where I could just enable flex and be done with it? I dont belive that to be the case S I have it turned on and the sensor enabled and it's not throwing a code with no sensor present as my 03 p59 would do.

Potential Tuner
    still have not found a file that will swap over for flex fuel. Im not sure if the latest update is to blame or what? i have a few 06 factory flex fuel tunes and a couple 05's and it wont let me swap for flex. ( segment swapper becomes unavailable and goes grey.)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast242gt View Post
    still have not found a file that will swap over for flex fuel. Im not sure if the latest update is to blame or what? i have a few 06 factory flex fuel tunes and a couple 05's and it wont let me swap for flex. ( segment swapper becomes unavailable and goes grey.)
    I have a P59 flex fuel and 80e file. I had to pay someone to get the flex stuff added into the binary coding. I'd be willing to send it to you for a small fee. Shoot me an email if you're interest. [email protected]
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning