Thread: Can't get Power Enrichment to work NO PE

Tuner in Training

Can't get Power Enrichment to work NO PE

Everything else is working great. After working on VE and MAF, tried reactivating PE and it will not work. Commanded AFR stays at 14.6. Any help would be appreciated. david log 4.hplDavid 07 Chevrolet 6_0 Tuning final3.hptdavid log 4.hplDavid 07 Chevrolet 6_0 Tuning final3.hpt

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i think your torque threshold and rpm delay are a tad to high. if you run settings similar to this it should trigger more frequently/reliably.
    try1.JPG
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I was questioning that but I hadn't changed that from original tune and couldn't see why it would be different. I am making the changes and going to test...

use your pe eq to target a ratio. once you set it leave it alone. use your fuel tables like ve and maf to tune any error out until you achieve that target. the curve i have starts lean at 13 by 2k and richens to 12.7 by 3k and 12.5 as the rpms climb through 4k and finally a little extra fuel (12.3) around 6k. im assuming your application is a N/A engine setup.

stoich / target = eq ratio
    14.68 / 12.5 = 1.174

the nice part is if you change your stoich for e85 the ratio can stay the same until you decide to fine tune it.

you can typically feel a power loss when the target afr drops bellow 12 afr on pump gas.
    this is how your target table looks in your first post. anything in red is less than 12 afr. (click image to expand)
    testing original pe.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    you can typically feel a power loss when the target afr drops bellow 12 afr on pump gas.
    this is how your target table looks in your first post. anything in red is less than 12 afr. (click image to expand)
    testing original pe.JPG
    Thanks. Yeah, I normally set mine to 1.185 across the board, but I like the progressive idea better. I think I was playing with the numbers in case I didn't have the VE set. I just wanted to see if it made a difference. I don't normally run with it like that.

Right on. I didn't know your previous techniques. You get it working?

Tuner in Training
    I did. Thanks for the help. I used your method for setting and forgetting the PE and adjusting VE to get the AFR where I wanted.

Good to hear its working for ya.