Thread: How to increase boost 2.3 Mustang

Tuner in Training

How to increase boost 2.3 Mustang

Hi to all, actually I have an 2.3 2015 mustang an Im new on ford tuning would like to know how can start to increase the boost in that vehicle?

I would be very grateful If someone would share a tune to start to compare settings or some guide to start the process

Regards

Advanced Tuner
    you will have to remove some limiters, and ask for more torque.

[ECM] 44553 - Flange Temp Inverse i had to change this to 4 in the whole table

[ECM] 7713 - LSPI Load Limit Hi Effectiveness vs. Engine Speed vs. MCT
    [ECM] 7715 - LSPI Load Limit Nominal Effectiveness vs. Engine Speed vs. MCT
    These two are your main limiters i mostly change them together.

[ECM] 33008 - Driver Demand Engine Torque - by requesting more torque you request more load and get more boost, you dont need crazy high numbers to see a significative increase, make small changes and be careful when changing idle and part throttle areas as they can make the car run away

change them one at the time, log all your sources, throttle closes to control boost spikes and thats normal, keep an eye on knock, there will be other limiters and you will find them as you work with the car

Quote Originally Posted by mJolnir View Post
    log all your sources, throttle closes to control boost spikes and thats normal
    mJolnir hit it exactly. The biggest mistake I see on here is people fighting and changing literally everything to try to keep the throttle open. The best advice I think you can get is don't try to fight the computer to get it to do what you think i should be doing. Log anything that has source in the name (Driver Demand Source, Throttle Angle Source, Torque Source, Spark Source). Set our desired toque and watch your sources and see whats stopping you from getting to it.

metroplex has a guide that covers the 3.5L V6 ecoboost on here somewhere, its close, but not exact to how the other ecoboost engine are tuned.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    mJolnir hit it exactly. The biggest mistake I see on here is people fighting and changing literally everything to try to keep the throttle open. The best advice I think you can get is don't try to fight the computer to get it to do what you think i should be doing. Log anything that has source in the name (Driver Demand Source, Throttle Angle Source, Torque Source, Spark Source). Set our desired toque and watch your sources and see whats stopping you from getting to it.

metroplex has a guide that covers the 3.5L V6 ecoboost on here somewhere, its close, but not exact to how the other ecoboost engine are tuned.
    throttle closures used to be a problem before we had the [ECM] 19614 - Overboost TIP Saturation parameter as the TIP spikes when the throttle closes and it went beyond what the sensor could read, that made the car go into overboost limp mode, so we had to ask for way more load and then play with the wastegate so actual load would never reach desired load and never get throttle closures.