Thread: 2018 Colorado v6 direct injection tuning

2018 Colorado v6 direct injection tuning

Hey guys. Have a local guy looking to do some work on his 2018 Colorado V6 direct inject truck. I see the vehicle is supported and takes 4 credits. There is in asteric behind the 4 but I don't see anything saying what that means? Im using an mpvi pro which I don't think will be an issue bc it doesn't show the 2 behind it meaning I need an mpvi2 to access. If anything he just wants the speed limiter removed on it so not really a big deal. I checked the repository but didn't see a stock file in there. if anyone has any experience with these newer trucks please chime in. Thanks in advance!

2017+ vehicles required internet connection to read/write, that could be what the symbol is for. I didn't go through and look at the supported list.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i thought that truck came with an 8 speed auto...
    if thats the case then this is what your asterisk is for: Note: 2017+ GM 8-Speed and 10-Speed Tranmission Control Modules require unlock via HP tuners GM TCM Unlock service before tuning.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Yeah, its that tuning the TCM takes an unlock and 4 additional credits. I had Peitz tuning tune my 18 colorado V6. Not sure if he is on this board.