Thread: Spark advance problem

Tuner in Training

Spark advance problem

So I have a 5.3 turbo and everything start to fall into place but yesterday I was just cruising and when I got home I was checking the logs, and my spark advance its not what I commanded, I commanded 14 at wot and and it's going up to 19 it looks to me that whatever I commanded its always 5 more advanced, now I check some of my tablets and the only thing that I found it's on DFCO activate spark ,spark advance table A and table B, but I'm no sure if I should mess with that on not so any help will be appreciated.rx7 FC1.hpt
    Last edited by isaac; 05-19-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    There are multiple spark adder tables that get applied to the main spark table such as iat,ect,fuel,egr. I personally dont run the adder tables for any positive spark advancement so I can control my timing strictly off the main spark tables. I leave the spark removal portion of the tables though for iat and ect - all others get 0's. The table that will be effecting your wot spark advance will be the fuel/base adder table. It applies additional spark advance based on your pe eq ratio commanded. You're commanding a 1.270 for pe which will put you in 1.25/1.30 cells which is commanding 5-8 degrees of extra spark advance depending on the rpm. Im not sure which cell it would fall under so you would have to make a histogram logging it to find out.
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-19-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Im not talking about the main spark tables. I was saying i only use the main spark table to control spark because i 0 out all the adder tables. Under base corrections/fuel/base that is a spark adder table you didn't touch. That is an adder table that applies more spark advance based on what your commanding from your pe ratio
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-19-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok ok I think I get what u saying, correct me if I'm wrong and please bear with me. So I need to go to Fuel---Base Correction----Fuel---Base. And cero those cells?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. It will be under the spark advance section under base corrections/fuel/base. Put your mouse over the chart and the bottom will tell you the description of what its for but you need to 0 out that chart to have it no longer add spark to wot fueling spark

Tuner in Training
    I got it man I really appreciate, sometimes it's I bit harder for me to understand because English it's not my first language but I'm getting there, I really thank you and I wish we have more members like you thanks