Thread: 2017 Cruze 1.4 turbo LE2 - Auto Start-Stop

Tuner in Training

2017 Cruze 1.4 turbo LE2 - Auto Start-Stop

I have been using HP Tuners on my 04 GTO V8 with a supercharger. I just bought a 2017 Cruze LT as a daily driver. After looking through the factory tune file, I can't see any settings for the auto start-stop system. I would mostly like to permanently turn off the start-stop system. Am I missing something? I don't see anything that would enable/disable start-stop. Where would I look for it?

Here's the read on the stock tune...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 Chevy Cruze | Stock daily driver

2004 Pontiac GTO | Magnacharger kit | Pedders Track II Suspension | Custom 1,200 watt stereo system

1987 Pontiac Trans-Am | L33 Aluminum block 5.3 engine | 4L60e Transmission | 2000 Camaro PCM and harness | Custom LS to F-body harness

Advanced Tuner
    You cant. The only way to bypass the auto stop is to strain the system with ac,radio,lights and stuff like that so it wont engage. You can pull fuses for the system and shut dtc's off i suppose but i dont know what other issues may come of that or how i do it is like this...put the shifter in L and manually shift to gear 6 since its a 6 speed. It will still drive like if you were in D but it uses different settings and autostop will not engage.
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-19-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Tuner in Training
    There are canned tunes out there that shut off the start-stop system. From what I understand, the stop-start is disabled below a set temperature. Simply changing that enable temperature to a number the car will never reach in real life would disable the system. But, it appears HP Tuners hasn't found where that value hides in the PCM? If HP Tuners is going to charge me twice as much for this PCM (4 credits), they ought to provide access to a "feature" people want to get rid of.

I do know about the trick of putting the transmission in "L" and manually selecting "6". But, it would be nice to get rid of the thing fully.

2004 Pontiac GTO | Magnacharger kit | Pedders Track II Suspension | Custom 1,200 watt stereo system

1987 Pontiac Trans-Am | L33 Aluminum block 5.3 engine | 4L60e Transmission | 2000 Camaro PCM and harness | Custom LS to F-body harness

Advanced Tuner
    I agree with you there. But hptuners just doesn't have the tables to do so. I believe trifecta has there own tune that shuts it off or I believe I've seen some DLC plug ins that do it as well but I didnt look to much into it as I just use the L trick. And the temp for shut off I believe is to be under 42 ambient for it not to engage.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    I agree with you there. But hptuners just doesn't have the tables to do so. I believe trifecta has there own tune that shuts it off or I believe I've seen some DLC plug ins that do it as well but I didnt look to much into it as I just use the L trick. And the temp for shut off I believe is to be under 42 ambient for it not to engage.
    With the proliferation of these auto start-stop systems, you'd think HP Tuners would have found a way to do this. I'm sure performance cars are more priority, but these cars are far more numerous. Make it easy and people will pay for it.

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on Stop/Start? Maybe in beta?

I have a 2017 cruze I was able to permanently disable auto stop Ill post my tune later so you have a reference point. I believe all you do is change a temperature parameter to value it'll never see but I'll update when I get to my laptop.

Advanced Tuner
    it looks like hptuners added the disable tab under the system tab/general. i dont have the car anymore to try it out but if anyone does keep us posted

Potential Tuner
    I tried the Auto Stop/Start disable setting in the beta version on my 2017 Cruze and it did not work.

Potential Tuner
    hello friends someone got a solution for this to disable permanent start stop

Tuner
    I disabled it on a 2017 Cadillac XT-5 by doing the following.

I unplugged the battery sensor which causes the ecm to disable auto stop. The only thing left to do is pull the code, and go in your editor and change the dtc to "no SES, no MIL" . That's it.

Tuner in Training
    For the 2017 Cruze, look under the "System" tab