Thread: E38 pcm

Potential Tuner

E38 pcm

Hi Guys has anyone mapped a E38 PCM with flex kit that can assist me with a good base file or can modify my file please.

What is the E38 from?

Engine and specs?

Do you just need help setting up the tune file to run the flex fuel sensor or more involved?

Often time you can just enable the feature and tweak a few settings for power enrichment and your spark tables to see a difference with E85. Maybe more so on the dyno in some application but in a stock vehicles they say it could be good for 15-20hp in some cases.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What is the E38 from?

Engine and specs?

Do you just need help setting up the tune file to run the flex fuel sensor or more involved?

Often time you can just enable the feature and tweak a few settings for power enrichment and your spark tables to see a difference with E85. Maybe more so on the dyno in some application but in a stock vehicles they say it could be good for 15-20hp in some cases.
    Engine Specs LSA in HSV GTS Auto running a stage 3 Cam.
    I want to run the flex fuel sensor and E85.

Sounds easy enough.

You'll need to buy a flex fuel sensor or flex fuel kit and plumb it into the fuel system and wire it into the computer.

In the flex fuel section you should be able to set it to enabled and that it's fitted with a real sensor. Without the tune file posted here I can't tell if you need to put in settings for the sensor itself yet, some have them already there.

Past that, it's small things like making sure the stoich table is setup for flex fuel so it will change the stoich on the fly and you can play with the power enrichment and spark tables. I can't really do it for you, so you will need to figure some of this out on your own.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.