Thread: VSR 7875 228/230 91octane Mototron 60LB problems idling

Potential Tuner

VSR 7875 228/230 91octane Mototron 60LB problems idling

So I'm relatively new to tuning, spent a lot of time researching information before starting this process.
    I have found through a lot of my searches before making this post that the 60lb injectors are kind of difficult to tune correctly. I'm wondering if anyone can take a moment to look through this tune and log and tell me if I'm missing something that's making this truck not able to idle. I can start the engine and go 100% TPS and make it run and then It goes to around 500RPM and stays there and dies as soon as I jump off the throttle. I have MPVI 1 so I cant log the wideband but it was very very rich.

Thanks for your time, not looking for a free tune from someone just kinda stumped on the idling part and on the verge of buying injectors with actual data (like I should of done in the first place)

A few quick things I need you to answer.

What fuel pressure are you running?

What is the exact MAP sensor you are running?

From the way you have the log and tune setup, this is what I assume is a speed density only setup and the MAF is completely removed.

When that is the case you must tell the computer this information.

You need to set the MAF fail high to 0hz under the engine diag tab. Set all 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.

With the MAF gone you MUST wire in a separate IAT sensor, your log shows that the intake temps are -38 degrees. It will never run correctly when it thinks you live at the north pole.

I asked about the MAP sensor because your MAP data in the log is pegged at 105kpa. Telling me that your MAP data is incorrect for the MAP sensor you are running. The linear and offset settings must match the sensor. Along with that, remove the standard 1 bar MAP channel and replace it with the 3 bar MAP channel in the logs. This way the data will read past 105kpa because that is the limit of the 1 bar channel.

Doing these changes should allow it to run and idle on it's own.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    The timing is going negative. You'll need a wideband to determine AF ratio, but need to get the ignition timing under control first.
    You'll also need to get the IAT working.
    I'm also wondering if you're logging the correct MAP channel?
    It's reading 105kPa all the time.
    Try this modified file. It'll be a better start.
    Logans S10 3BAR attempting to idle part 3 newish injector datamod2.hpt
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 05-19-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    A few quick things I need you to answer.

What fuel pressure are you running?

What is the exact MAP sensor you are running?

From the way you have the log and tune setup, this is what I assume is a speed density only setup and the MAF is completely removed.

When that is the case you must tell the computer this information.

You need to set the MAF fail high to 0hz under the engine diag tab. Set all 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.

With the MAF gone you MUST wire in a separate IAT sensor, your log shows that the intake temps are -38 degrees. It will never run correctly when it thinks you live at the north pole.

I asked about the MAP sensor because your MAP data in the log is pegged at 105kpa. Telling me that your MAP data is incorrect for the MAP sensor you are running. The linear and offset settings must match the sensor. Along with that, remove the standard 1 bar MAP channel and replace it with the 3 bar MAP channel in the logs. This way the data will read past 105kpa because that is the limit of the 1 bar channel.

Doing these changes should allow it to run and idle on it's own.
    I am using the stock regulator on the lines so I think the pressure is 58psi on those

The map sensor is the LS9 Chevrolet performance one

The IAT sensor I honestly forgot about and need to get one in before I continue

So my plans are to add IAT and set up my MAP correctly I guess my very unexperienced self assumed that setting the OS for 3bar was all I needed to do.
    thank you for your help ill keep updating this thread as I make progress

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    The timing is going negative. You'll need a wideband to determine AF ratio, but need to get the ignition timing under control first.
    You'll also need to get the IAT working.
    I'm also wondering if you're logging the correct MAP channel?
    It's reading 105kPa all the time.
    Try this modified file. It'll be a better start.
    Logans S10 3BAR attempting to idle part 3 newish injector datamod2.hpt
    I tried it and I had similar issues it seemed like it wanted to take off better though. As I replied above I'm going to get an actual IAT sensor and set up the map correctly and hopefully have way better results seems as if I'm getting my self in a hurry and forgetting some important parts. I do have a wideband but from what I understand I cant log through the scanner with it being I have MPVI1 standard

Linear and offset settings for that MAP sensor are 312.50 and -11.25. That alone should let it idle and run, along with the correct MAF fail settings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.