Thread: Stock Inj Max PW

Potential Tuner

Stock Inj Max PW

What's the max PW the stock injectors can handle? Right now I'm seeing around 1.6ms at WOT..is that good or should I open them up a little more?

Depends on the engine but on 6.4s the stock fuel pump can handle about 2.3. 2015 and up 6.7s can handle about 1.75 Iirc. Anything past 2.3 is starting to get too long and at high rpms the fuel starts being injected outside of the piston bowl and the efficiency drops considerably

Potential Tuner
    Should have been more specific..this is for a 6.0

So would you say 1750Us on 15+ is getting out of range of the piston's bowl or that's where they start losing fuel pressure? Assuming its out of range of the bowl, that means the bowl would have/allow for roughly 15.75* of movement @3k rpm before and after TDC that you can spray in the bowl without missing it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    So would you say 1750Us on 15+ is getting out of range of the piston's bowl or that's where they start losing fuel pressure? Assuming its out of range of the bowl, that means the bowl would have/allow for roughly 15.75* of movement @3k rpm before and after TDC that you can spray in the bowl without missing it correct?
    I don't have much experience with this as you would need to have the spray angle, piston geometry and know where the piston was at the given crank angle to calculate if you were inside the bowl or not. On the 6.7 I'm pretty sure you run out of fuel volume after 1750, the earlier 6.7s we're closer to 1500. From my reading the 6.4 started to miss the bowl past 20 deg timing but looking at that piston shape the bowl was much more closed than the 6.7 so I don't think that is as much of a concern on them. Another thing is if you have a long injection event you will need more timing to keep combustion close to TDC , which leads to higher cylinder pressure and blown head gaskets, cracked pistons and bent rods.BC3Z-6108-D-2T.jpg