Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention BEN CHARLES you know a James Napier? Game on..

Tuner in Training
    I've moved on from this and I'm getting my small tuning issue sorted elsewhere.

I would happily take down the reviews if Howard were to recognise that he wasted my time. But judging by most of the replies on here, it seems par for the course among tuners that it is ok to leave people hanging as long as no money has changed hands. So I guess it's not going to happen.

Senior Tuner
    Just a word of advice...
    Those MSD ignition coils can be quite problematic.
    I've seen multiple failures on applications that should have been a plug and play.
    I'd recommend the OE ignition coils and OE dwell settings for your application.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxms View Post
    I've moved on from this and I'm getting my small tuning issue sorted elsewhere.

I would happily take down the reviews if Howard were to recognise that he wasted my time. But judging by most of the replies on here, it seems par for the course among tuners that it is ok to leave people hanging as long as no money has changed hands. So I guess it's not going to happen.
    same here, sent the local "tuner" my file 2 weeks before this thinking he was working on it and was going to send me a base so i can drive it to his shop for a dyno and got this back i told him i wasnt expecting it for free and was more then willing to pay now im going to take the car to a different place just off principal Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 1.59.33 PM.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Just a word of advice...
    Those MSD ignition coils can be quite problematic.
    I've seen multiple failures on applications that should have been a plug and play.
    I'd recommend the OE ignition coils and OE dwell settings for your application.
    Thanks for the heads-up. A few people have mentioned that to me so I've painted my OE ones red and I think I will switch back to those the next time I mess with the engine.

I have to say though, I have yet to see any reports of failures for those specific coils, only for other MSD blaster coils in different applications. Have you? It is a bit suspicious that the MSD coils are quite a bit lighter than OE ones though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bad4health View Post
    same here, sent the local "tuner" my file 2 weeks before this thinking he was working on it and was going to send me a base so i can drive it to his shop for a dyno and got this back i told him i wasnt expecting it for free and was more then willing to pay now im going to take the car to a different place just off principal Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 1.59.33 PM.png
    how are you going to take it to a different place if you cant drive it to the first one?
    are you going to tow it somewhere else? when you could have just towed it to the first shop in the first place and gotten in for a tune?

putting a car together in your garage is great, it's what we all love to do right? DIY. I totally get it. But if you can't tune your own car then you need to figure out a viable way to get your car to a shop that can. or learn to tune your own car like many of us here did. then you can start your own shop and show everyone the right way to do it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    how are you going to take it to a different place if you cant drive it to the first one?
    are you going to tow it somewhere else? when you could have just towed it to the first shop in the first place and gotten in for a tune?

putting a car together in your garage is great, it's what we all love to do right? DIY. I totally get it. But if you can't tune your own car then you need to figure out a viable way to get your car to a shop that can. or learn to tune your own car like many of us here did. then you can start your own shop and show everyone the right way to do it.
    i can drive it or tow it, theres break in periods and i wanted a few driving cycles on the engine to see of anything was going to break or go wrong, coolant hoses breaking anything can happen id rather it happen at my house then 100 a hour at a dyno shop. its a swap not something stock. i read all 75 pages of threads on here over the last few weeks these messages were before that. ive tuned my car before when it was LSA blower powered. yes i know this is a new monster E92pcm or whatever but i found somebody else to lead me in the right direction