Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention BEN CHARLES you know a James Napier? Game on..

Attention BEN CHARLES you know a James Napier? Game on..

As I investigate this individual it looks like he may of had some "help" from you.....reached out to Greg Banish who passed him to me....I rarely get involved with internet leaches but I listened to his issues. Has a C7Z with all kinds of crap on it can't get it to run right....I gave him a few suggestions as free consideration. Then he disappeared and I didn't miss him...resurfaced today with an attitude as if we left him with poor service.....never offered to help him, never took any money and never looked back....so today he posts a negative review on our Facebook page.....he's over in the UK a place where I have ALOT of friends.....

https://www.facebook.com/Redline-Mot...14314428482282

If he is your prior customer see if you can get him under control before I come unglued. Got some balls doing what he did and we don't even have a relationship with him....the EXACT reason why I don't like getting involved....you fucking tool...

Game onnapier engine.jpgnapier face.jpg
    Last edited by Redline MS; 05-20-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Howard I’ve done some work for him!! Let me see what the deal is!!

Redline does fantastic work!! Not sure what’s going on!! I’ll get to the bottom of it!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Unfortunately I don’t have FB.. so I just emailed him

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Howard, let's put this into perspective.

A few months ago I was having one small issue with my tune, a flat spot at 1.5k - 2.5k. Ben has done amazing work on getting my car tuned correctly, but this one little issue was proving quite the bastard to fix at the time. So I was chatting to some guys on the Corvette Forum and one (TurboX) suggested I contact you to see if you could sort it out for me.

So on the 28th Feb, I emailed you, we had a good conversation back and forth, and you agreed to take a look. That same day I sent you a log, the tune and my mods list.

A few days later you got back to me (4th March) and asked me to obtain the logs again, this time with your HPT config settings. So on the 5th March I replied with exactly what you asked for.

This was the last time you ever sent me an email (until today). I emailed you on the 8th and 22nd March just to check-in, but you didn't reply.

Instead on the 23rd March I got an email back from Greg Banish (who I now understand is TurboX), saying that he had spoken to you and that before you would be able to tune my car, I would need to get rid of my ported LT5 throttle body.

So I spent out $250 for the new TB, and after a few weeks of waiting for it to arrive (UK) and a holiday, I installed it, apologised for the delay and sent you new log files on 10th May.

I didn't get a reply, so I waited until 15th of May before sending a polite follow-up message. Which you also ignored.

Then today (20th May) I sent you a tongue-in-cheek email to see if I could coax a response from you: "I hope you guys are better at tuning cars than you are at responding to emails….".

A little rude, maybe. But don't forget, that I hadn't actually had a direct email from you since the 4th March.

Of course, you replied almost instantly (big surprise) saying that you had no obligations to me.

You are right, no money has changed hands, and you haven't worked on my car - nor have I ever said otherwise. But when you say that you are going to help someone, you tell them to buy parts so that you can help them, but you then completely ignore them...well that is just a lack of common courtesy.

Now you are acting childish and "waging war" on me, just because I brought it to your attention that as a potential customer (I was going to spend money with you - and offered to pay for your services), I don't like to be treated like that.

Maybe next time if you are too busy or don't want to deal with a customer, you will take the 2 seconds needed to tell them instead of leading them along, having them buy parts and then ignoring them.
    Last edited by jimxms; 05-20-2019 at 03:34 PM.

It's days like this i wish I had another screen name LOL Don't let the haters get you down Howard.
    99' SS LSR 388 twin ETR billet 76s, glide, etc
    06' C6 Z06 885rwhp/796rwtq [email protected] E85 940/840
    07' TBSS Turbocharged 6 psi 525/505
    16' C7Z A8 Stock blower slow street car 815 RWHP

Don't leave negative reviews for businesses with which you have not done business. There is no transaction here and I am sure that's what set Howard off. Public reviews on a business are not a game, that is straight wrong of you and my suggestion is remove it and try to either resolve your issue in private and if that's not an option then move on with your life, maybe get someone in the UK to tune it for you.

Sometimes we have the best intentions trying to HELP someone and PAYING CUSTOMERS get in the way and honestly, it's easy to feel guilty about the lack of service or slow service even though it's for charity and we just let it go, hoping you will get help elsewhere if we can't provide it quickly, happens to me relatively often.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Don't leave negative reviews for businesses with which you have not done business. There is no transaction here and I am sure that's what set Howard off. Public reviews on a business are not a game, that is straight wrong of you and my suggestion is remove it and try to either resolve your issue in private and if that's not an option then move on with your life, maybe get someone in the UK to tune it for you.

Sometimes we have the best intentions trying to HELP someone and PAYING CUSTOMERS get in the way and honestly, it's easy to feel guilty about the lack of service or slow service even though it's for charity and we just let it go, hoping you will get help elsewhere if we can't provide it quickly, happens to me relatively often.

Sometimes I wish this forum had a LIKE button.
    2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (733 whp)
    2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (716 whp), 10.750 @ 134.77 mph
    2016 Cadillac ATS-Vs (eleven ATS-Vs in the 9s)
    2008 Pontiac G8 (first G8 in the 10s), 10.727 @ 129.87 mph
    2000 Bonneville SSEi (first 3800 Bonneville in the 10s), 10.711 @ 125.71 mph
    1999 Grand Prix GT (first 3800 FWD in the 8s), 8.902 @ 154.90 mph
    1998 Firebird (first 3800 RWD in the 8s), 843 whp, 8.991 @ 152.12 mph
    1998 Grand Prix GTP (first 3800 FWD in the 10s), 9.499 @ 145.13 mph

Tuner in Training
    No -good deed- has been performed by Howard here. The changing of the TB was suggested from my specs list and the message came from TurboX. Howard on the other hand just had me create several logs and then filed them directly in trash. Leaving me hanging for a reply.

If ignoring definite customers (I asked to pay on day 1), and then attacking them when you make them aware of their shortcomings is a practice that you all think is Ok, then I know exactly who to avoid in the future.

Or is it Ok to waste someones time, so long as it isnt your own?

Maybe I will remove my review, but it won?t be because of anything Howard is trying to do behind the scenes. In my opinion all I have done is give my truthful encounter of my experience dealing with Howard. Money doesn?t need to change hands to get an impression of a business.
    Last edited by jimxms; 05-21-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    this guy action is ridiculous, seriously, you are lucky if someone spend his time to help for free, sometimes not even time to spend with family. didnt spent a cent and still crying, if you take a suggestion from some one is up to you, just move on..

Tuner

Sometimes we have the best intentions trying to HELP someone and PAYING CUSTOMERS get in the way and honestly, it's easy to feel guilty about the lack of service or slow service even though it's for charity and we just let it go

could not of said it any better. I too feel guilty sometimes for not getting back, I have a full time job and get bombarded by text and emails for tuning help. help lots of people for free and a enjoy it. we got to be careful to balance family time/work/tuning. sometimes I feel like getting a new phone #/ email and get out of it completely.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by obd2 View Post
    Sometimes we have the best intentions trying to HELP someone and PAYING CUSTOMERS get in the way and honestly, it's easy to feel guilty about the lack of service or slow service even though it's for charity and we just let it go

could not of said it any better. I too feel guilty sometimes for not getting back, I have a full time job and get bombarded by text and emails for tuning help. help lots of people for free and a enjoy it. we got to be careful to balance family time/work/tuning. sometimes I feel like getting a new phone #/ email and get out of it completely.
    Thats fair enough for charity, but I never asked for anyones charity. I wanted my issue fixed, had money in hand to get it done and was told to go to Howard. I don't see where this whole 'charity' thing is coming from. If Howard didn't take my money on day one that is his fault, not mine. But he did agree to take on my car, and that is where a portion my issue with this whole experience is.

Let's look at this another way: You want to get an extension to your house built. You contact a builder who agrees to do the work for you. He tells you to buy a certain type of bricks and mortar, he has you spend time drawing up the plans to his specification. Then when you've done all of that and have everything he asked for, you contact him again and he ignores you. You contact him several more times, he continues to ignore you. Only when you call him out does he reply telling you to basically get bent. Do you just shrug your shoulders and walk away, or do you tell others not to use that builder because he wasted your time?
    Last edited by jimxms; 05-21-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Senior Tuner
    10 days is not SUPER long time for anything of the sort. You do not know how the people that are actually good in this industry work apparently. Wait your turn, and you will likely be satisfied
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    Is that a picture of his engine bay? Hes going to be a headache customer for sure if so LOL
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxms View Post
    Thats fair enough for charity, but I never asked for anyones charity. I wanted my issue fixed, had money in hand to get it done and was told to go to Howard. I don't see where this whole 'charity' thing is coming from. If Howard didn't take my money on day one that is his fault, not mine. But he did agree to take on my car, and that is where a portion my issue with this whole experience is.

Let's look at this another way: You want to get an extension to your house built. You contact a builder who agrees to do the work for you. He tells you to buy a certain type of bricks and mortar, he has you spend time drawing up the plans to his specification. Then when you've done all of that and have everything he asked for, you contact him again and he ignores you. You contact him several more times, he continues to ignore you. Only when you call him out does he reply telling you to basically get bent. Do you just shrug your shoulders and walk away, or do you tell others not to use that builder because he wasted your time?
    Sure you are...Your car, Your HPTuners rig. Learn to use it instead of running around looking for the easy fix from someone else.
    If you want something for free do not complain if the other tuner takes care of their priorities first, that is what they are in business for, providing for their selves and family first.

Do as the rest of the community, READ, TRY, and LEARN. if you break it learn how to fix it or move on to something less challenging that you can handle.

I learned to do for myself by reading the available info provided by the more knowledgeable and am very happy with the outcome.

Tuner in Training
    If you're ever unlucky enough to get cancer, do me a favour and don't go to the doctors. Read some books and try to operate on yourself. Sound good?
    Last edited by jimxms; 05-23-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Good idea! Doctors just practice....

We have to actually fix things

Hey now, Dr. here I fix things, just takes .... practice to get it right..

Yeah, just said to add humor. My sister is a fantastic doctor....but I gotta tease her about something

Lets say you walk into a hotel needing a room. No one is there. You ring ring ring the bell. Someone shows up and says wait a minute ill be right with you. They never come back.

Do you consider this good customer service and give them praise, or give them a crappy review due to their horrid CS skills.

His review wouldn't have been bad if he had an ounce of customer service. Is this how he treats new customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    As I investigate this individual it looks like he may of had some "help" from you.....reached out to Greg Banish who passed him to me....I rarely get involved with internet leaches but I listened to his issues. Has a C7Z with all kinds of crap on it can't get it to run right....I gave him a few suggestions as free consideration. Then he disappeared and I didn't miss him...resurfaced today with an attitude as if we left him with poor service.....never offered to help him, never took any money and never looked back....so today he posts a negative review on our Facebook page.....he's over in the UK a place where I have ALOT of friends.....

https://www.facebook.com/Redline-Mot...14314428482282

If he is your prior customer see if you can get him under control before I come unglued. Got some balls doing what he did and we don't even have a relationship with him....the EXACT reason why I don't like getting involved....you fucking tool...

Game onnapier engine.jpgnapier face.jpg
    Come unglued? Grow up man. You sound ridiculous.