Thread: Toyota Tundra 5.7L

Tuner in Training

Toyota Tundra 5.7L

So my car is equiped with LTH and CAI, trying to get the most out of it. I have did a couple of WOTs, the AFR was like 13-13.5.

I have enriched the PE table, now I got the AFR at 11.5, not too sure if this is considered rich for my applications.

To optimise the tune, I have done some data logging. I was able to obtain a histogram of RPM vs Engine load. Do I need to update the high octane spark tables with what I got in the histogram? Thanks in advance.

EQ 5 out of 100 added p2441 p2443 p0430 p420 removed EQ 1.344.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by korbiams; 05-20-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I have attached my tune file and datalog...maybe someone can skim through them and share with me his thoughts.

Tuner in Training
    I apologize, I do not know much English and I use Google translator.
    You can make datalog on one transfer from 1500 to 5500 rpm.
    Throttle position 50% gear 3 or 4.
    Throttle 100 position: gear 3 or 4.

Tuner in Training
    So I managed to meet a member of this forum in person, who has helped me and has spent many hours trying to figure out how to optimise the tune and ensure that the tune is knock free. We are unsure how maf calibration is possible on Tundras without the Maf Voltage PID. I have opened a ticket with HP tuners support for almost a week now. So far no response.
    I am attaching my tune file as well as datalog. Could someone have a look and let me know whether I am running safe before a catastrophic failure happens . Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by korbiams; 05-25-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Tuner
    11.5 AFR is rich but depends what your wanting out of it. Here's a little general info to go by.

11.5 AFR - Best Rich Torque at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)
    12.2 AFR - Safe Best Power at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)
    13.3 AFR - Lean Best Torque
    14.6 AFR - Stoichimometirc Air/Fuel Ratio Value (Stoich)
    15.5 AFR - Lean Cruise
    16.5 AFR - Usual Best Economy

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FIL131 View Post
    11.5 AFR is rich but depends what your wanting out of it. Here's a little general info to go by.

11.5 AFR - Best Rich Torque at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)
    12.2 AFR - Safe Best Power at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)
    13.3 AFR - Lean Best Torque
    14.6 AFR - Stoichimometirc Air/Fuel Ratio Value (Stoich)
    15.5 AFR - Lean Cruise
    16.5 AFR - Usual Best Economy
    Guess i should add that without a dyno your never going to be able to truly get the most out of your vehicle as I feel this is what your(all of us) really looking for. AFR is only part of the equation, you'll have to play with AFR and most important spark advance. Transmission settings also play a big part on how the vehicle behaves.
    2002 NBM WS6
    APS F-BODY TWIN TURBO KIT
    317 Heads
    60# Mototron Injectors
    HPTuners tuned by Sean@Solid-Technology, Abq NM
    610 RWHP DYNOJET on 7.9PSI

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FIL131 View Post
    Guess i should add that without a dyno your never going to be able to truly get the most out of your vehicle as I feel this is what your(all of us) really looking for. AFR is only part of the equation, you'll have to play with AFR and most important spark advance. Transmission settings also play a big part on how the vehicle behaves.
    I would start at 12.5 and do 2nd gear pulls, 30-60 times...
    And add a tenth or 2 and make another run...
    Keep adding fuel until it slows down and than go back to your last setting. That will set your WOT fuel mixture, one of the easiest and safest adjustments.
    Every car is different but around 12 to 1 on premium should be about right. Don't fight the engine, give it the fuel it wants. I have a car that likes 12.7 and one that likes 11.7, tune for best acceleration and don't worry about the numbers...

But 13 is lean and 11.5 is on the rich side so you should be getting close...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by korbiams View Post
    So I managed to meet a member of this forum in person, who has helped me and has spent many hours trying to figure out how to optimise the tune and ensure that the tune is knock free. We are unsure how maf calibration is possible on Tundras without the Maf Voltage PID. I have opened a ticket with HP tuners support for almost a week now. So far no response.
    I am attaching my tune file as well as datalog. Could someone have a look and let me know whether I am running safe before a catastrophic failure happens . Thanks in advance.
    Hey bud would you mind throwing your files in the Toyota Repository thread? looking to try and get everything in one location.

Potential Tuner
    Can someone please share the file ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by icarbajal77 View Post
    Can someone please share the file ?
    Go my other thread titled Toyota Repository. There are multiple files there.