Thread: 13 LTG swap 3k rev limit

Tuner in Training

13 LTG swap 3k rev limit throttle close

Just swapped a 2013 Caddy ATS LTG into a buggy. Got it fired and running but it has a 3k rev/TQ limit I can not find anywhere. Closes the blade and holds rpm at 3k. Anyone else ever run into this? I have attached a log and the current tune. I've been through everything 10 times and tried a second ecm as well... same. Did a 15 a few months back with no problems.

I shouldnt call it a rev limit and call it more of a TQ limit but nothing points to what is doing it.

4.hpl
    NEW ECM.hpt
    Last edited by Team208Motorsports; 05-21-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Another Log from today. Can't find any kinda of limiting TQ. CPP showing depressed maybe?

6.hpl

Tuner
    i've never dealt with this but from past forum threads people in similar situations usually work on getting a vehicle speed input? or a trans output speed signal into the ECM to get past this kind of problem.
    How did you handle any of those problems? what trans are you using, and how are you handling any vehicle speed, trans output speed, trans gear / shifter position signals.

I would also consider starting with a OS out of a manual transmission car, there are a lot of calibrations that are not available in HP Tuners but that might be holding you back.

if i'm not mistaking there are also some signals that tell you who is limiting your torque output, i see you record "throttle control source" but i think there are more variables that tell you the "source" of the limitation, try recording those.

If you are in Park or Neutral, that's why.

Tuner in Training
    OS change to automatic cured it. Looked at other ones Ive done and they were all auto OS. No vss, no gear input.

Tuner in Training
    https://www.facebook.com/15918221410...&v=e&sfns=xmwa

LTG in buggy and working well now.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome machine! If you are interested in hiring out your LTG standalone tuning skills drop me a line!