Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 CTS V Lingenfelter pulley tune BTR3 cam

Tuner in Training

2009 CTS V Lingenfelter pulley tune BTR3 cam

Just bought this car with Fore fuel setup, lingenfelter 2.55 upper, lower and btr3 cam. The car threw a lean code and wanted someone to check tune for me. I also have a log file.

Appreciate it!

Rev
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Theereverand; 05-20-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Check for intake or exhaust leak pre-o2 sensor. At idle it either has a terrible leak causing the trims to stay at +20-25%, this will cause a lean code for sure. Or it was poorly tuned to cause this condition.

If no leaks are found, it's going to be tune related and you'll have to fix it. Verifying other data should be done too, like your injector data. Looks to have aftermarket injectors and if the fuel system is stock, the flow rate data would be wrong for that style fuel system.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The car has a fore fuel system. I will check tomorrow.

thank you for your input.

We'll need more details on this "fore fuel system", as of now it doesn't mean anything to me.

I had to google who that was and from a few minutes of research they offer parts for fuel system. So it's not just a "fuel system", it could be dual or triple pump setups, lines, regulators and they even sell injectors. So knowing EXACTLY what parts are installed is what I was kinda looking for.

If it has a return system, great but does it really have 90lb/hr injectors compared to the stock 56lb/hr injectors??

If you can get that information to us, it may be pretty helpful in making sure the calibration is setup right.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it has 90lb injectors to run e85 tune. It has a dual pump setup with fuel return setup.

Tuner in Training
    I checked for leaks and have none. So can someone point me in the right direction to adjust my tune? Suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    if you smoke tested the system and found no leaks and youre sure all the data is correct for the fuel system id add 20% to the maf since your in maf only and see if your trims come down
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-25-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    The car threw a P1175 code, the car started loading up and quite on me. Can someone help a guy out on the tune?

Steve

Tuner in Training
    I am going to add the 20% to maf.

I'd reset your LTFT's and log again. Your LTFT's don't come close to matching your STFT's. Take it easy until you figure out your fuel trims.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Do you have a Fuel Pressure gauge?
    Make sure you really have proper fuel pressure before you mess with the tune
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    M6
    Flex Fuel enabled
    FIC1000 shorty Injectors
    DW300C Fuel pump
    UPP GTO Auxiliary fuel system
    BoostDistrict LSA Conversion
    BTR Stage 3 PDS Torque cam and kit
    Kooks Longtube headers with High Flow Cat mids
    BoostDistrict LSA CAI with LS7 MAF module
    Mickey Mouse Catch Can
    Hinson 1/2" lowered Engine Mounts
    Magnaflow 3" Cat Back Competition Exhaust
    PLX DM-6 Wideband
    Turbo Technologies Full Flex fuel Tune

Not to be mean but how can we really help if you don't really know how to tune or work this software yet?

We could tell you exactly what to do until we are blue in the face or are fingers fall off but you still won't have a complete grasp on how everything works and you'll still be lost.

Jumping into this with a very modded car is probably the worst thing to try and learn on.

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate the help and I do have a fuel gauge and will work on the trims. I will research and work on the tune. It is driveable but needs to be tuned prior to doing more spirited driving. I will work on the ltf and stf. The car had a new battery installed recently and has quick connections. The negative was loose and what caused the stall. I fixed battery connections and fired right up. Anyhow, I will seek out a dyno tuner and get car tuned. Appreciate the help.

Tuner in Training
    Well, did some checking under the hood and found the aircleaner tube disconnected from the throttle body and one vacum line disconnected from the tube. I am going to drive car today and see how she does. I did check all my wiring and fuse to the Fore fuel controller and pumps. Thanks for all the help guys and I will post up some more log files.

Steve

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    if you smoke tested the system and found no leaks and youre sure all the data is correct for the fuel system id add 20% to the maf since your in maf only and see if your trims come down
    Can you give me some insight on how to add 20% to maf. I would appreciate some instructions or help to make certain it is done correctly.

Highlight what you want to change in the MAF table and then put 1.2 in the box and hit the "X". Or highlight the entire table if you want to add 20% to the whole thing.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 06-02-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Highlight what you want to change in the MAF table and then put 1.2 in the box and hit the "X". Or highlight the entire table if you want to add 20% to the whole thing.
    So adding 20% to maf is essentially adding fuel or air?

Did you reset the Fuel Trims and log again? I would do that and then adjust the MAF table according to what your scans show.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I will work on it.

Your STFT's don't look near as bad as your LTFT's.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe