Thread: Tuning for a larger throttle body

Tuning for a larger throttle body

2016 3.5 NA.

I have changed from the factory 68MM to a 73mm Throttle body.

Calculating the differences I come up with a ratio of 1.0735294.

To accommodate for this change is it as simple as changing the effective area under electric throttle by the same ratio?

Example

Stock:

Changed:

Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't call it incorrect. Most people will say to use known throttle body models.
    I'd test your stock TB model with the 73mm and see how it drives. Log your all your torque channels, ETC Area. ETC Vacuum, Throttle angle. One channel that will definitely tell you you have a bad throttle body model is IPC Wheel Torque Error. If you're getting a lot of torque errors, multiply by your calculation. The TB Model is very sensitive. I recommend adding decimal places to the thousandths or ten thousands .xxxx.
    The table you have pictured is of ETC Area. That is half of the TB model. ETC Area has throttle angle on the axis with the area in the cells. Throttle angle predicted is the other half and is opposite with ETC area on in the axis and throttle angle on the cells. If you open both of these tables, study the relationship of the stock model. The axis of one table to the cells of the other table.
    Increasing your ETC area by 1.7xxx would require changing the axis of throttle angle predicted, to .xxxx value. Looking at your screenshot with the cell values to the tenth. The axis of throttle angle predicted would begin similar.
    .02, .04, .07, .15, .22
    Theres more to it than that

Thank you Sir. I'll dig more into it.

Don't know if it matters, but I've been driving the vehicle with it for 4 months now and have had no issues. Just recently got HP tuners for it and am in there learning as much as I can.

It's a lot different than back in my early 2000's LS days.