Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brain fart, LSA, hitting hard set limiter at certain power level

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Im not sure what in the world your looking at. They are virtual VE tables, there is no "limit" per se on the scalling. Screen shot what your looking at
    Figured it out, I had to add the MAP values manually in the virtual VE to see those calculations, mine was only showing to 105kpa until I added the ones above that.
    It seems weird that the VE airflow would drop when MAP pressure and RPM stay the same, VE airflow is essentially a look up table (but not exactly since its based on calculations from the coefficients), so you would think that regardless of whatever else the ECU is doing that VE airflow should remain true to RPM and MAP.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjas View Post
    Figured it out, I had to add the MAP values manually in the virtual VE to see those calculations, mine was only showing to 105kpa until I added the ones above that.
    It seems weird that the VE airflow would drop when MAP pressure and RPM stay the same, VE airflow is essentially a look up table (but not exactly since its based on calculations from the coefficients), so you would think that regardless of whatever else the ECU is doing that VE airflow should remain true to RPM and MAP.
    Kinda my point haha

One seems to think think theres a hard wall limit when in speed density only mode using the VVE table for fueling at 255kPa being the cut, but it does it around 240 some kPa actually. it goes past it in MAF mode however...
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere