Thread: Will start right up then immediately die.

Tuner in Training

Will start right up then immediately die.

Hey got a gen 3 6.0 with s475 t6 turbo and bald eagle 227/234 600 lift 114 lsa cam in a 1st gen camaro. holley 12-1200 fuel pump and 1000cc FIC injectors, with a 2 bar speed density and a powerglide.

Had it idling good with 55lb per hour fuel rate but I upped it to 85lb per hour and its really hard to get it to stay running. takes like 10-15 tries. eventually when I do get it running I leave it running, take it down the street come back and once its warm its starts right back up. played with the idle airflow raised it, lowered it, and it doesn't really respond to the ve changes. any advice?

the only problem with the old tune that it idled fine on is that it was wayyyy too rich on part throttle because my wideband was giving me false readings but I have since fixed that problem. It would foul plugs left and right. now the tune is decent as far as part throttle driving and idling but it just will start up fine and immediately die out like something in the ecu is causing it or triggering it to do so.

ill attach both the old tune that it idled good on and the new one that has the cold start problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why isn't your MAF failed for speed density?

The previous threads showed no MAF and you said it was gone but you didn't do those changes.

I don't have the FIC injector data in front of me, just if that is where the injectors came from. Make sure that data is correct. Flow rate data or anything else related to injector data should never change once the data is in there. It's a set and forget type of thing. So flow rate, min pulse width, short pulse add all need to match the data FIC supplies.

The open loop EQ ratio needs to stay at 1.00 or stoich when up to temp. You will throw all of your changes off if you are making the tune run richer for no good reason. So above 130 degrees it needs to be 1.00, then you are making fueling changes to achieve stoich outside of power enrichment.

In your previous thread I gave you the MAP sensor settings but you only changed the linear setting. The offset for that ZR1/LS9 map sensor is -11.25. This data as well must be correct for the sensor installed.

Your dynamic airflow high rpm disable is the opposite of how it needs to be for speed density. Set the table to 7,000rpm so it is not trying to look for the MAF sensor.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 05-21-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I was told if you have the 2 bar os system then the maf fail doesn't matter?
    ill make the changes tho it seems like everyone agrees that that change is necessary.
    The dynamic airflow rpm disable high totally makes sense. Ill go ahead and change that.
    my open loop eq ratio is almost what you suggested ill make the fine adjustments.
    thanks for the info man appreciate it.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    maf tables are still relevant in the multi bar os upgrades.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    I forgot to ask what is the data for my gm 3 bar map sensor from efi source?
    ive been told 312.5 and -11.25 and ive also been told 305 and 10.33?

EFI source map sensor is 305/10.33.

The GM ZR1/LS9 sensor is 312.50/-11.25.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i have the red label zr1 sensor and can vouch for that being 312.5 by -11.25
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman