Thread: Charger 57 - surging idle with 264 mild compcam. file attached

Charger 57 - surging idle with 264 mild compcam. file attached

Ive tuned alot of dodge hemi 57/61/64 with minimal issues.
    bone stock car (stock air intake, cats exhaust etc). it got mds delete lifters installed with a mild 264 compcam. doesnt even lope at idle. But it has major idle surge up and down endlessly and wont hold idle well at all, randomly dying.

This 12 charger 5.7 endlessly gives me a -25 to 40% fuel trims like its running pig rich.

here is the stock tune with only the idle bumped up and some idle minimal spark changes. I had gone through and fully tuned all the VE maps and 100 other things. Im just going to start over.

Anyone got some suggestions?

feel free to download file make changes and i will try them
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AidanN20; 05-21-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    ~01 Duramax 4x4 2500hd- 490rwhp - Kinda Fast
    ~00 Silver SS - 55k miles, 5xx rwhp, Fast
    ~00 Silver WS6 - 32k miles, 6xx rwhp, Faster
    ~89 NotchBack - LSx - S400, xxx rwhp, Fast'ish
    ~90 Mustang LX - 403" LSx S-91, 1,xxx rwhp, Fastest

Senior Tuner
    Youre tuning with ANN enabled, so saying you "tuned the VE" makes no sense since the VE tables aren't used. You need to pull fuel out by tweaking the injector tables. Its running rich, simple as that, its also why it doesn't lope (rich mellows it out).

Tuner in Training
    I tuned mine using a LTFT+STFT table that logged fuel trim corrections based on the fuel mass in in the InjPW table. I also logged fuel mass based on MAP vs RPM. Looked at the fuel mass used in the idle/rolling idle area and re-scaled the InjPW table to add some more resolution.