Thread: Help with ID 1050X Data / motor loading up on E85

Question Help with ID 1050X Data / motor loading up on E85

Hi,
    Firstly, I am not a tuner, but I have managed to do the basics on my Magnuson blown LS3 Vette, with a lot of help from HPT Forum moderator schpenxel. But, I've just recently done a flex fuel conversion and as part of that I swapped out my injectors from ID850s to ID1050Xs, and I'm now struggling now with a problem with my car loading up while I'm cruising, although it seems to idle fine and it runs well at WOT. So, I'm wondering where I screwed up on the tune. (I'll post up the tune and a data log in a little while, when I get back to my garage, where my tuning laptop is.)
    For now, I have a specific question on ID's data. I noticed that when I copied and pasted what I believe to be the relevant data from ID's website into my tune, the only table that sort of matched the short pulse adder table in my VCM Editor actually had different incremental numbers representing the milliseconds on the X axis. I copied and pasted the data into the tune nonetheless, but, as expected, the values for the data changed and it even produced a few anomalies which I simply smoothed out by interpolating between the two boxes on either side of the anomaly. I simply didn't know what else to do and I'm wondering if that is what is screwing up my tune. Below are two pictures showing the table that I copied from on IDs website and the short pulse adder table I posted that data into in my tune. the numbers shown are what was there after pasting the data:
    ID 1050X Short Pulse Adder Data.jpgHPT Short Pulse Adder table.jpg

Does this look normal? What am I missing or how did I mess up here?
    2013 GS A6: Magnuson Heartbeat @ ~13psi; Kooks 2? Headers w/ ORX & NPP; Racetronix FPH w/ ECS Stage 1; GMPP CNCed heads; Vengeance cam (223*/239*,.610"/.623", 118+4*); BTR .650 springs; Melling HV/HP Pump; ID850 injectors, IW 10% OD Balancer, Dashlogic; PLX Gen 4 WB; MM catch can; 160* stat; FTI 3600 stall; NW Boosted 102mm TB

2008 Sierra Denali, AWD w/ 4.10 gearing; PATC 2800 stall; Mast VVT cam, AFR 1 7/8 headers, LS3 TB, Vararam intake

No one?? Has anyone else noticed that the x-axis on ID's Excel spreadsheet has different incremental numbers than the relevant table(s) in their VCM Editor table(s)? Or that sometimes when you paste, say, "0.300" into some tables, the number "0.297" appears?
    Bearing in mind that everyone raves about how accurate ID's data is, I'm concerned that both my short pulse adder table and my IFR table might be off, simply because the axis on each of those do not match ID's spreadsheet. What am I missing here?
    Last edited by CI GS; 05-23-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    2013 GS A6: Magnuson Heartbeat @ ~13psi; Kooks 2? Headers w/ ORX & NPP; Racetronix FPH w/ ECS Stage 1; GMPP CNCed heads; Vengeance cam (223*/239*,.610"/.623", 118+4*); BTR .650 springs; Melling HV/HP Pump; ID850 injectors, IW 10% OD Balancer, Dashlogic; PLX Gen 4 WB; MM catch can; 160* stat; FTI 3600 stall; NW Boosted 102mm TB

2008 Sierra Denali, AWD w/ 4.10 gearing; PATC 2800 stall; Mast VVT cam, AFR 1 7/8 headers, LS3 TB, Vararam intake

its normal, you dont have to worry about having 100% accurate data as each injector might have different characteristic

Quote Originally Posted by QTR FMS View Post
    its normal, you dont have to worry about having 100% accurate data as each injector might have different characteristic
    Thanks. I was just worried that with a different axis the data wasn’t exactly as “PNP” as I thought it should be.

It's just rounding. HPT is rounding to the first decimal and ID is going to the second. Not going to matter.