Thread: Does my base tune look decent? turbo ls1

Tuner in Training

Does my base tune look decent? turbo ls1

Need someone to see if my tune looks good to start making boost and start tuning with the turbo on it, and if timing is safe. just a look over, any help is appreciated. thanks Turbo LS1 base tune.hpt

I don't agree with your power enrichment, boost enrichment settings. Nor do those timing curves look good at all.

Seems like you copied those from a sloppy mechanics tune. You are better off with stock timing everywhere outside of boost. Just slowly slope the stock timing curves down towards your target timing number when you start entering boost. If you want to run 10-12 degrees, start going that way above 0.80 cylinder airmass give or take. You want to retain good driveability outside of boost and staying close to the stock timing will achieve that.

Both curves should not match either. Factory has to low octane timing curves have less timing for a reason, you need to keep it that way. Most will make a timing curve with the high octane, then copy it over to the low and minus 3-4 degress from the entire thing so it can still pull timing when it knocks.

This is my preference for enitial setup for PE/BE. Have power enrichment enable at 90 kpa and request a leaner AFR like it was NA. Somewhere around low 12's. Then have boost enrichment start at 105-110kpa. You can either take the 105kpa cell it make it what the PE is at, then richen it up as boost rises. So if you wanted 11.0afr by 7psi, you'd input that value at 150kpa and then interpolate from 105-150kpa. It would slope in the fuel as boost rises. Or you can just leave it one solid value for the whole thing. I just like to use table fully sometimes because 11.0afr isn't really required when it may be at part throttle and only 3-4 psi of boost.

If the injector data and MAP data is right, start driving it and getting data logs so you can dial in the airflow model with your wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    it was copied from one of the tunes, only because I didn't know where to start. The PE/BE seemed funky to me too, but then again I barely know what I'm doing. Can I use my timing table from my cam only tune and slope it down at .80 airmass?

Yeah, I don't see why you can't do that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the help

Tuner in Training
    Turbo LS1 base tune.hpt

does this look better?